Post-op pain meds

Seldern
on 9/3/11 7:26 pm - Belmont , NC
What did you take and for how long?
SARAH VSG 8-29-2011

lanunes
on 9/3/11 7:29 pm - CA
 I was prescribed Demerol because I am allergic to Vicodin. I took 1 at home post surgery just to help me sleep but never really needed any. The only pain I had was some minimal discomfort ( a pulling feeling in incisions) for about 1 week or so. Nothing that really war rented pain meds. 
      Leslie Nunes              
Birdie55
on 9/3/11 9:59 pm
I took Loratab which is a liquid.  It tasted so awful that I tried not to take it. But I ended up taking one dose a day in the late afternoon.  I think I stopped taking it between 1 and 2 weeks post-op.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

Happy966
on 9/3/11 11:27 pm

I got sent home with Percoset 5/325 tablets.  I had one before leaving the hospital and felt fantastic.  The next morning, I was surprised that I didn't feel as good.  It had been the pain meds!  So I took another and - woowsie - felt better.  But I feared the opiods because of constipation, so later in the afternoon I tried just an extra-strength Tylenol.  Worked like a charm!  So that's what I'm on right now. 

It's day 5 for me and I actually feel great, just having some incision pain.  Less and less every day, but it's not worth hurting to avoid the pain meds.  If the Tylenol wasn't working, you can bet I'd be takin' my Percoset!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

HaleyB
on 9/3/11 11:48 pm
 If it weren't for my drain, I think I would be completely off of mine by now. The most pain I am having is from sleeping on my back!
Pat H.
on 9/4/11 1:39 am
Had a prescription for loratab but never needed to fill it. Pre-op nurse had suggested having liquid extra strenth Tylenol. Have used the Tylenol about three times since I got home on 8/26.
I do not have a high pain threshold either and am attributing this to the laparoscopic type of surgery and a good surgeon. Best Wishes!
stacezoe
on 9/4/11 2:08 am
I'm on prilosec once a day, vitamin B-12 once a day, a multi, a D and they gave me percoset which i've used a few times but like a previous poster I've gotten Tylenol and Tylenol PM and they manage the pain pretty well withouth the side effects. I will be on everything but the pain pills for a year...I have no problem swallowing pils(wish I knew that befoe I bought all the nasty chewable crap).

I'm day 11 and almost back to normal...I think my blood sugar drops a bit causing me to feel a little dizzy and light headed but other than that doing well.
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 415 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views