What foods fill you up quickly?

Suane
on 9/4/11 8:53 am - Livingston County, MI
I'm finding certain foods are so filling that I'm stuffed on just a little bit. Like a plain hamburger with no bun. Half of it does me in. Or chicken parmigiana at a restaurant, I can eat about 4 bites and the rest is for taking home. 

Does anyone else feel this is dense protein with benefits? I'm not complaining but sometimes I feel rather silly when I have an entire plate of food that doesn't look like I've even touched it. But I'd rather look silly than be heavy and unhealthy.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

CSAL
on 9/4/11 9:11 am - Canada
I can only hope and wish!
 VSG: AUG 17, 2011    
Smardeepants
on 9/4/11 9:12 am

Chicken and beef fill me up the quickest... it seems I can eat more fish/seafood (think tilapia, shrimp, scallops, etc).

Of course, cheese fills me up to.... which for some it's a slider.

When I go out to eat, I often share with husband and we order a small salad or something. I can avoid all the questions and weird looks that way, LOL.

Elaine2
on 9/4/11 9:26 am - Atlanta, GA
I agree that chicken even more than beef fills me up quickly. But with chicken... it just sits in my stomach for a loooong time, it seems. Maybe 'cause it's so dry (just can't do moist cooked chicken---my brain says under cooked).

Almost always order fish in a restaurant---and still take most of it home.

janielynne
on 9/4/11 10:02 am
Chicken in the crock pot is great.  Makes it so tender and tastes great.  Still fills you up, but easier to get down.

Suane
on 9/4/11 9:28 am - Livingston County, MI
I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in this. I just put up with it and love the way the weight falls off. But I would like to eat more of it, for the protein of course.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

heatherdw
on 9/4/11 10:29 am
Chicken and turkey do this to me.  I can eat quite a bit more when it comes to fish.
Heather, SAHM to 2 (ages 3 and 7), Student

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views