STRESS

JustLora
on 9/5/11 12:09 pm - Omaha, NE

I need some encouraging words/support/prayers right now. My husband lost his job of 24 years on August 12. I worked part-time & my work is trying to give me full-time hours. My problem is I not eating. When I was stressed food was my friend. I've been losing wt. I'm down to 138 lbs. I've always ate every 3 hours no matter what, but I just don't want to eat.

Any thoughts? I swift kick in the pants to remind me I need to be careful with my health?

Thanks for reading.
Lora

Lora

SW 235/GW 150/CW 140   I'm 5'6" 

PapaJack
on 9/5/11 12:24 pm - VA
WOW! You lost alot!  That's great!  I am one month out.  I walk now instead of eat.  Grab a protein drink & go walking.  Are start slapping your husband, but walking is better.  You know this sleeve is a gift.  We have been giving a new life. 
I am sorry about your husbands job.  That has always been a big fear, losing my job.  Men identify themselves with there work. So I feel for both of you.
Just found out yesterday, because of the Governments new (Democrat) EPA rules our company will be shutting down 3 coal plants in 2016.  All those people will be laid off & everyone electric bill's will be going up. I do not understand how any government can cause people to lose there jobs?
I'm sorry I get mad when I think about people who don't have a job.
My thoughts will be with your family.

Sleeved July 26 2011
Dr. Clark Newport News VA
Married 40 years
2 Kids, 2 Grandkids
1 old dog        

JustLora
on 9/5/11 2:25 pm - Omaha, NE
That's a great idea that way I will eat, plus work out some stress.

My husband is Awesome. I know men identity themselves with work & being providers, but I keep telling him this is an opportunity to find something different (not construction). We are a Partnership!

Thank you for your kind words. Sorry about the future of your company.
Again thank you!
Lora

acbbrown
on 9/5/11 12:53 pm - Granada Hills, CA
It sounds like a tough time. If you don't feel like eating, try a protein shake just to get some nutrients. Not eating might screw with your metabolism :-/

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

JustLora
on 9/5/11 2:27 pm - Omaha, NE
I'm going to start Tuesday with a protein shake before breakfast.

Thank you for responding.
Lora

Smardeepants
on 9/5/11 1:47 pm
It sounds like you're going through so much... in times of stress your immune system is weakened, you need good nutrition and plenty of rest (don't want to add an illness, or vitamin deficiency to the mix!) You may be working more hours, you need to be healthy to do that!

Try to remember that your body NEEDS the fuel... your head will be clearer, and you'll be better able to handle what comes your way.

Small meals are fine... if you don't want to lose any more weight, maybe choose more calorie dense options... turkey/vaocado rolls, cheeses, walnuts, peanut butter on low-carb bread or tortilla, etc. I love eggface's protein donuts, portable and yummy.

Hang in there, sending prayers now.

JustLora
on 9/5/11 2:31 pm - Omaha, NE
So true about health. I just never thought in a million years I would turn away from food.

I have aways ate every 3 hours since I was sleeved. It was the only way I could get in my calories. I have great restriction. All meals are the same size.

Thank you so much for responding and prayers.
Lora

NewStart145
on 9/5/11 2:16 pm - GA
Wow sorry that you guys are going through so much.  But I would like to encourage you not to put your health in jeopardy - I'm sure you worked too hard to get to that point so try to get in the nutrients your body needs.  And when things get to tough for me - my motto in life is " Let go and Let GOD."   I just said a prayer for you and your husband for you guys to better in health and finance. 
JustLora
on 9/5/11 2:32 pm - Omaha, NE
Thank you for the prayer.

I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason.

Thank you some much for your response.
Lora

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views