Pre Surg Diet

sassyg
on 9/11/11 2:27 pm
Hello All,

Any advice about the 2 week pre-surgery diet?  I was told 4 protien shakes a day, sugar free jello, clear liquids...  What protien drink are the best? 

Thanks
G
peachynptc
on 9/11/11 3:12 pm - Fayetteville, GA
Noticed no one replied yet so I thought I would put my 2 cents worth in.

I didn't have to do a pre surg. diet. I had 2 weeks to prepare for surgery and I ate what I wanted. I have heard that Unjury is the best. Your tastes WILL change post surgery, don't buy too much of one protein.

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

sassyg
on 9/12/11 8:18 am

thank you for the great tips!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 3:21 pm - Canada
I'm starting my pre-op diet in a few days and have found Kaizen Whey Isolate Protein powder at Costco in Canada. Not sure where you are at. The chocolate and the vanilla are tastey and it is $40 for a big tub 4.4 lbs. It has 35 grams protein and 1 carb.

I have heard many other people saying not to buy too much cuz your taste can change after surgery and you don't want to be stuck with a bunch of expensive stuff you don't want to drink anymore.

I'm also allowed to have sf yogurt on my pre-op so I am happy about that.

Good luck on your new journey!
novascotiadawn
on 9/11/11 4:40 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Enjoys the Kaizen protein as well!!!...For RTD shakes I would recommend Primeire or GNC's protein shakes..

Premier Protein® Shake

This is the Kaizen brand, also have chocolate..

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

sassyg
on 9/12/11 8:14 am
Great tips thank you for much I will check GNC out and see what I can find
sassyg
on 9/12/11 8:16 am
Thank you for all the great tips!  Best of luck to you as well, this is very exciting!

Carly ~
on 9/11/11 3:54 pm
 I had to follow the same pre-surgery diet.  I wasn't allowed jellos and such.

Just 4 diabetic boost per day, all the water and crystal light I could ever want.  That's it.

I liked the diabetic vanilla boost most.

Some people like the Premier shakes from Costco, and a lot of people where I'm from enjoy the Body Fortress brand from Walmart that comes in powder form.

All the best to you!

sassyg
on 9/12/11 8:13 am
Thank you for the tips everyone has been so helpful! 
Jete
on 9/12/11 12:52 am - Nashville, TN
I'm starting my pre op diet today.  I'm using Matrix choclate as my protein.  I just got some Unjury packets to try so I may try one of them tomorrow.  The Matrix isn't overly sweet and I don't notice any after taste like I did with several I tried.  Best thing to do is go to places like Bariatric Pantry and Unjury and order several of the sample or individual serving packs and try them to find one that you can tolerate.  The Nectars are ok, but were too sweet for me to stand more than once every few days.  Unfortunatly it's all just personal preference. 

Jete.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views