A Very Quick Update VSG 9/14

Robin W.
on 9/17/11 3:44 am - Severn, MD
Hello OH Fam,

I was discharged today from the hospital. My VSG didnt go quite as smooth as I had hoped. I had a lot of trouble coming out of the anesthesia, and my blood pressure sky rocketed higher than it's ever been. So after 4 days of stabilization, I can start my new life with my new sleeve. My main problem now is GAS. Whenever I sip i can feel the air hit first, then i gotta wait for that to come back up. My energy level is waaay low still due to effects from anesthesia. Plus I'm not my usual happy self. Trying to evaluate if everything I have just subjected my body to, and the looks of concern on my family's faces, wondering if I made the worse mistake of my life. Well it's done now. Prayerfully things will get better.  Ima continue to follow doc's orders. Bye for now.

Robin    
nilesmama08
on 9/17/11 3:56 am - Atlanta , GA
Hello sleeve sister!

I am glad you are stable and at home. My blood pressure went high after surgery as well. It happened with my c-section a few years ago. I think it is my body's response to surgery. I feel better each day. I know you will too. Stay strong and get plenty of rest.
Rekeca
on 9/17/11 4:34 am - NC
I am glad you are feeling better. Hopefully things will only look up from here. Good luck.

Robin W.
on 9/17/11 5:37 am - Severn, MD
Thank you ladies! Gald all is well with you two. Glad we get to celebrate our surgiversary together. Here's to us (raising my glass of water). Take Care.

Robin    
megamommy
on 9/17/11 7:38 am
Well my blood pressure went low! It has been better everyday! I was sleeved on Monday! Hang in there and LOL on the raising water!
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 7:39 am - Huntington, WV
I'm sorry you had problems, but glad you are home and doing better. I am just 1 week ahead of you. I pray that things continue to get better for you and success is on our way! God Bless!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views