food journaling is important

jbskaggs
on 9/16/11 3:47 pm - holt, MO
 The difference between 2100 calories and 1000 calories maybe just one snack or simply too large of a fruit juice.

My weight loss was goingso well and so fast that four months ago I quit food journaling.

The result wasn't world shattering- it was subtle I began to eat more snack foods (crackers) and drink more juice and milk.  My weight loss crawled to a near stop- first a lbs every few days, then a lbs week, then a lbs a month.  Basically I hit 315 and stayed there.

Well three days ago I began to chronicle my food again.   And lost three lbs in three days.

What I found is that if I do not chronicle every thing at enters my lips then I tend to ignore the caloric intake- just like a shopping spree where you do not record every purchase and soon find your money mysteriously gone.  Becuase you believed you spent $100 but really you spent $349, so I was thinking I was eating 1000 calories aday but calcualted a whopping 2400 calories (mostly orange juice). A glass of orange juice wont hurt me- but I discovered I was drinking 32 oz's of OJ a day!

This happens because for me I tend to drink as I work and dont even realize how many I drink becuase I am focused on my job.  But chronicaling makes me stop and write down what I am doing and that breaks the mindless consuming I was doing.

Hears to further weight loss.

JB

Rouxful
on 9/16/11 8:41 pm
 You raise a really good point, and I've been trying to keep track of my calories every day. But just to throw my two cents in here, it's not your calories, bro, it's your carbs. I've been consciously avoiding sugar and grains for the better part of this year and have almost been on a ketogenic diet. Bread has basically become a rare treat that I'll only indulge in occasionally. If you want convenience food, snap into a Slim Jim ;)

Also, if you're a juice fiend, like me, check out Ocean Spray Diet (Not "Light"). It's 5 calories a cup. Also, Crystal Light makes a prettty kickass grapefruit juice thing, that tastes almost like the real thing if you squeeze in some lemons.

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views