You ever feel like eating isnt worth the effort because you cant eat enough?

jbskaggs
on 9/18/11 7:15 pm - holt, MO
 I used to really enjoy eating out and feasting (obviously), but now I am more into eating little bits and pieces through out the day.  So that when I sit down for dinner with the family I generally sit through half the meal watching them eat and feeling bored- because My four to six oz's is already eaten and Im full.

Case in point pizza.  I love pizza- but I really do not enjoy eating a tiny piece, as it makes eating pizza a turn off so I prefer not to eat it.   The thing I do enjoy more is good steak!  A perfect juicy small steak is so worth the effort- no cabs, no reflux, and no mental hangups about size.
JB

lanunes
on 9/18/11 7:28 pm - CA
 I'm only 2 months out but feel what your saying. There is soooo much preparation that goes into any meal and when it only takes you 3 bites ( I'm only eating 2 oz. max) it sure makes you think twice about fixing something that takes so much time.  I haven't had pizza yet but would probably feel the same way...like, what's the point! But I do look forward to when I can have a ice juicy rib eye BBQ steak....all couple ounces....lol  
      Leslie Nunes              
Stephanie M.
on 9/18/11 8:54 pm
Absolutely! I'm in a period right now where I'm having a hard time getting excited about food. I never thought I'd see the day that I was bored by the thought of eating!

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

Sandy S.
on 9/18/11 8:56 pm
I hear you.  I am 14 weeks out and most things make me a little nauseous after i eat.  I can't eat more than two or three ounces at a time.  I never get enough protein and I hate all the shakes/ puddings I have tries.  I try to eat mostly meat but my stomach does not always agree.  I love the weight loss though.  But I am tired of all the foods I am trying to eat.  I just started including some fast food.  Please, one jump on me.  I did the math on a super sonic breakfast burrito.  I can only eat about 1/3 at a time, so i get three meals out of one at less than 200 cals per meal and I enjoy those meals.  I haven't tried steak yet, but I have had baby-back ribs -all 3 small ribs but yum it was worth the time it took to floss my teeth afterwards.  Anyway,  I don't eat much with the family anymore because I eat so differently than my children.  Last night, my son and I had hot wings heated in the microwave.  My son loaded my plate with 6 juicy wings, but after a few bites I knew it was over.  I could only eat 3 small wings.  Again it hardly seemed worth the energy it takes to floss my teeth.  Sorry to be so wordy.

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
Ms Shell
on 9/18/11 10:38 pm - Hawthorne, CA
I'm almost 4 y ears out and food is NOT the "joy" that it used to be...but that's WHAT I NEED because when it was a joy I gained up to 345.

OMG you mentioned Steak...some weeks that's ALL I eat...num num.

You'll find OTHER joys in life...you have to just remember WHERE eating for "joy" got you!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

acbbrown
on 9/18/11 10:51 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I can't get myself to cook bc it's not worth the time and effort but I'm working on trying to find easy meals to make.

I won't touch pizza and all that other stuff since it's not good for me and I know it would be hard to stop at a couple of bites. I hear you though - pizza for me was never about the taste (it's not like it gourmet food or something) but about quantity. Now that my stomachs gone, there's no point lol.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 1:20 am
There are times I mourn food, especiallly when my husband wants to eat somewhere I used to really love.  I can imagine myself biting into an au ju dripping french dip sandwhich then I remember I can't eat the bread or the amount of food that my old self really wants me to eat.  I can almost taste the food and textures of whatever item I am wishing I could have.  Then usually later on I find myself looking at the slimmer stranger in the mirror and I am so happy at the choices I made and continue to make for myself.  I really believe that when it comes to food we have to keep our taste buds amused and our brains working.  In studies done on people who were in situations where they were isolated but had food for survival it was found that many had malnutricion because they lost interest in food.  If you eat the same thing everyday and do not change up your diet to keep it interesting you will lose your interest in food.  That is not a good thing.  The food you eat should be satisfying and interesting.  This is a reason to plan your menus out a week or more at a time, and even the recipes you will use to prepare your foods.  If you notice sites like Eggface are all about food.  She learned to absorb herself in the preparation of food even tho she had to change the amounts of food she could eat.  Surrounding her self with food prep helps her to keep up her interest in what she can eat.  So my theory is to keep food in its proper place but to keep it interesting and fun.
LaughingCow
on 9/19/11 1:29 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
I'm pre-op, so take this with a grain of salt.

Maybe try to start re-framing your idea of what a meal is - especially if it is with friends or family.  My dd isn't always hungry for dinner when we are, but she comes to the table and we all talk about our days.  Maybe re-frame it into a social and bonding experience.  We often play "Hi/low" and each person tells about the best part of their day and the worst part of their day.  It keeps us informed on one another's lives. 
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
CoolBeans
on 9/19/11 10:44 am - MD
 Love this description of your family dinner. 
 Cari    
laurak712
on 9/19/11 4:36 am - New Braunfels, TX
Yeah, I still feel this way even at almost 3 years out.  And you are right...pizza, no way...steak is where it's at man!

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views