Hot Flashes????

Brighteyes36
on 9/20/11 8:27 am
I am 7days out and doing wonderful!  I am really surprised but very happy I have not had the complications and pain a lot of people seem to post about.  I do have a small concern.  Nothing major.  I start doing things around the house, or outside and just break out in a sweat.  Im only 36, too young I hope for menapause.  Never had this issue before.  Has this occured with anyone else?  Its annoying more then anything. 
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 8:30 am
OMG I have had the same thing happen to me today twice. I am eight days out. I forgot to ask about it, but I am sure hormones are messed up because of weight loss and a different diet. Although i am older than you so mine could be perimenopause too.
Thininmymind
on 9/20/11 8:34 am
Yes I did this too. I'd suddenly start to sweat for no reason. It only lasted the first two weeks or so. But It was so frustrating because it happened at the worst moments like I was at my post op appointment and sweat was pouring down my face and making my hair wet.

Gastric Sleeve July 2011 Steven Simper - BL January 2013 Brian Brzowski - LBL March 2013 Brian Brzowski

Ms. Poker Face
on 9/20/11 8:56 am
I had the exact same thing for the first two or three weeks after surgery.  The first few days are the worst!  I felt like I had hot sweats and cold chills every 5 minutes!  It gets better and then goes away completely.  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

pagehawk
on 9/20/11 9:52 am
OMG! I thought I was loosing my mind. one minute I'm in a sweater over my pjs with socks on and the next, I'm sweating bullets. I'm 5 days post op so it's good to know this is normal and will subside over time. I thought maybe the surgery had thrown me into menopause. lol!
roseselene
on 9/20/11 9:56 am
It could be hormones, but also just a passing chance...are you taking nexium?  Nexium has a side effect of hot flashes.  I had to stop taking nexium and switch to a different PPI because I couldn't take it anymore.   They were terrible.
Amy
CW: 255 SW: 234 

pagehawk
on 9/20/11 10:19 am
I'm taking pepcid ac. but thanks.
Brighteyes36
on 9/20/11 4:42 pm
Nope, my MD did not place me on any acid reducers, but after reading everyones posts about it, I am seriously considering it.  I am glad to hear I am not the only one with the sweat outbreaks...I am also relieved to hear it isnt forever.  Thanks for everyones input
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views