Newbee Pre-Op

Mutha24Boyz
on 9/21/11 6:39 am - NY
Welp, After quite a bit of "lurking" I feel comfortable enough to introduce myself...My name is India, I am 29 years old I am the mother to 4 rambunctious yet beautiful boys and wife to an awesome husband. I am a registered nurse and armature tattoo artist.I have been obese all of my adult life and I'm sick of it. I'm sure you all know how the story goes, diet after diet, killing myself in the gym blah,blah,blah. So with my 30th birthday not far away I have decided to have a Sleeve so that I can reclaim my life. I have so many things to be thankful for that I can't waste one single second continuing to be limited because of my weight. I'm about halfway to a date, I will have my psych eval and sleep study next week and check in with my NP and Nut on 10/12 I hope to have my sleeve before the year is out. It's a great motivator to read all the inspirational stories and to know that I'm not alone. So I thank each and every one for sharing their stories, it takes a lot of courage to do so. Hopefully my husband will take some before pics of me today so you can share my journey.    Peace
Waning Woman
on 9/21/11 7:10 am - TX
the sleeve was the best decision that I ever made for myself. I'm a better mother and a wife as a result. I hope that your preop process is smooth and easy
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
Lisa J.
on 9/21/11 7:12 am - OK
Hello Dear India!

CONGRATULATIONS for making the choice, the leap, the decision. You will NOT regret it.

It's hard to think about two weeks from now, much less a month or a year, but you will be SO DIFFERENT at this time next year, you will NOT believe it.
I am always so happy for people who decide enough is enough and make the decision to do this, no matter the fear, cost, opinions, etc and wi**** was possible for all who wanted it. It is so incredibly amazing to get a life back!

One thing I want to caution you about -- RNs that don't have any idea about WLS (any type) seem to be ultra opinionated and like many others, will try and talk you out of it. Because they are RNs and obviously more educated about surgeries and the like, some might tend to lean towards their colleague's opinions. Plenty of MDs have no clue about these surgeries either.

That being said, WE are a bunch of opinionated people too, but the difference is we've done the talk and the walk. The experiences and stories, as you've seen, vary from person to person but mostly we're all extremely happy with our choice, have had little to no side effects or complications, and except for the first couple months making big adjustments and continually wrapping our minds around the fact that we CAN do without so much food and how our bodies are changing--it's a breeze.

I wish you success in all forms.

Welcome to the bench. ;-)
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
NewStart145
on 9/21/11 7:12 am - GA
Welcome aboard India.  This is definitely a great site to gain wisdom and understanding. I haven’t had my surgery yet but hope to in November after I complete my NUT program. I completed all of my other requirements with the exception of the Psyc and Pulmonary eval – those are scheduled for next week. So I wish the both of us luck.
Mutha24Boyz
on 9/21/11 8:59 am - NY
Thank You all for the encouragement. I'm very excited.
krystals
on 9/21/11 9:25 am - TX
VSG on 07/15/11 with
Welcome India,

This site helped me a lot after my surgery. We know your struggles and your making the right decision for your LIFESTYLE change. Best of luck!!

waitingtoexhale2
on 9/21/11 10:13 am

Welcome India....   This site is the best place to get the most information.  Good luck on your journey.

Waitingtoexhale2

The race is not given to the swift or the strong, but to the one that endures to the end.

HW 357
Pre-Op Weight 343
Weight several hours after surgery 339

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views