Pain in the booty NSV, but NOT complaining.

goclint
on 9/27/11 10:25 am - TX
I had my surgery on 7-27-11 and have gone from 298 to 240. I have bought a whole lot of new clothes since I had PLENTY that I had previously outgrown.

I'm in the healthcare profession so I wear scrubs to work. I broke down and ordered some new ones online, because my 3X ones were starting to look a bit ridiculous. I thought it would be safe to skip a size, and buy 1X. WRONG!!!! They are huge on me, too.

It will be a pain to send them back, but I'll be smiling all the way to the post office.

Good night to all, my beautiful and strong friends.
goclint
on 9/27/11 10:33 am - TX
Correction to the second sentence: I have NOT bought a whole lot of new clothes....
Lisa D.
on 9/27/11 10:48 am - New Orleans, LA
Great weight loss!  You need to check out thrift stores.  Most of them have a section for scrubs.  It will be way too expensive to buy all new clothes until you hit your ideal weight.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

wert
on 9/27/11 10:50 am - MN
It's surprising to skip sizes, isn't it? I went from Large right to Small. I pretty much skipped Medium. It's fun to find out you're smaller than you think, isn't it? Way to rock!!! 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

percheron
on 9/27/11 11:00 am
That is GREAT.  Thank you for sharing your journey and NSV!!  Great to hear and very inspirational!

rkcarrara
on 9/27/11 11:36 am
Congrats!  That would be a great feeling!

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 1:39 pm - Portland, OR
RNY on 05/04/15
Congrats!  You may have to start reading measurement sizing guides, lol.  If you're looking for cheap scrubs, I recommend salusuniforms.com.  They aren't the highest quality (they're kind of "stiff"), but they're definitely not bad for their $1.99-4.99 clearance prices.  I have some sets that have lasted me 4+ years.  The unisex styles tend to be on clearance quite a bit, too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 451 views