waxing and waning motivation

amystimetoshine
on 9/28/11 8:00 am - Pleasant Hill, CA
Hi...  I am 11 months out.  I've gone from 334 at my highest down to 179 this AM.  I am 5'9.  I have a large frame, ALOT of xtra skin lost most my weight, but not all of it.  I fit comfortably in a size 12.  I am getting all the comments now -- "you aren't going to lose anymore, right?"  "Don't lose toooo much" and "I thought you must be at your goal"  I can do anything I put on my bucket list before surgery.   Thing is I have 10-15 lbs left to lose and I am having a VERY hard time keeping my carbs low enough to get there.  I am soooo close to reaching my goal but instead I have a kind of "it doesn't matter anymore" attitude.  I get my protein in, I take my vitamins...   I would LOVE to have the experience of a normal BMI and maybe make it to a size 10...  I was 183-187 for almost 3 months... didnt go up or down... I dropped my carbs down to 40-45 a day got down another 5-5 lbs in less then 2 weeks...   Now I seem to be allowing more milk in )lattes) which stalls me and although I am not eating or drinking anything super junky... I am drinking too many carbs to lose more.  My exercise is good btw.   Anyway, just trying to figure out where my motivation went?   I'm not desperate anymore... it isn't the end of the world if I stayed at this weight...  I am just kinda disappointed I don't care enough to "finish" this.  Does that make ANY sense?  Any ideas how to get motivation back up?  10 lbs isn't the end of the world but if many gain back 10-15 obs that would definitely be an issue.   Plus there is something about "not following through" that really bugs me.  LOL   Just does it bug me enough to cut back on my lattes again?    Grrrrr....  Amy

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
September903
on 9/28/11 8:25 am
Plea stay focused on your goal. Do it for me! I need a role model. I have been stalled for a month today and had my 5month follow-up. My doctor explained that when one looses a lot of weight at the beginning they slow down, which is what has happened to me. He advised me to up my exercise and increase my protein. I need motivation in a big way. I am so afraid that by the end of October I will have stopped losing that it is stressing me out. I heard so much about the 6 month honeymoon that I am afraid my honeymoon is possibly over before 6months. Inspire us!

kimbethin
on 9/29/11 10:12 am - CA
I think you have it figured out- you are getting too many liquid carbs.  I think people may be influencing you with their stop losing talk.  Look deep inside and see what you want.  If you are happy at this weight and your doc agrees go ahead and stop.  You say that you are disappointed so YOU need to keep going.  Is something mental stopping you?  Are you afraid to look too good?  A lot of people have that issue.  Maybe some time with a psychologist who speacializes in food or eating issues would be helpful.  If I can quit regular coke, you can live without lattes.  Really- I promise.  Good luck- Kim
putting one foot in front of the other...        
amystimetoshine
on 9/29/11 12:15 pm - Pleasant Hill, CA
Thank you both for your thoughts.  I know what I need to do... just need to stop feeling sorry for myself for not being there yet... LOL  I think if I dropped my carbs about 25 g and added a bit more cardio when my back is feeling better, I will get there.  Also, in the past I lost better when I had 1 low carb prot shke at the end of the dau if my prot was kinda borderline so I will try that as well.  thanks for the support.    Amy

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views