Surgery Tomorrow - Finally

HogRider
on 9/28/11 11:24 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I have been bouncing between the RNY board and VSG board because I'm not sure which procedure I will end up with.  Tommorrow I will have my surgery.  I am scheduled for the RNY.  My surgeon told me that with all my previous surgeries if there is any (wink) issue then she will do the VSG.  I'm ok with either procedure since my accident has really sidelined my ability to be as mobile as I want.

In 2009 I found out ATV's don't fly.  While visiting my daughter and granddaughter in Utah, the son-in-law and I went four-wheeling.  We rode all day have had a boat load of fun.  On out way back to the truck to load the bike's up and go home, my four wheeler either hit a rock, blew a tire, lost sterring, we just don't know.  The four-wheeler and I took a short flight off a 30 ft cliff.  I shattered my pelvis, left clavical, left thumb, 8 ribs, and an abundance of rock rash.  After 5 months in the hospital and rehab, I left to come back home to Florida.  I have always fought my weight.  (familar story huh?) With my accident it bacame impossible to lose weight without the ability to be active.  I am addicted to food, damn I love to eat!!  The extra weight really is taking its toll on me.  With this tool, I am praying it will give me the opportunity to get back into the game of living.

I have irritated people on the forum, contributed (I hope), tried to inject a little humor in our lives with humerous postings, both forums have given me so much information that I really belive I can make this work.  Inspiring stories, successes, let downs, and perseverance of spirit has been the catalyst I needed to belive in myself again.  

Thank you.

P.S. Save me spot on the loser's bench, just not the end, I might fall off and spill my beer.  
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
doggz109
on 9/28/11 11:36 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I love this post.  You were given a second chance I am sure you will do really great.  Go get after it!
Jennchap
on 9/28/11 11:54 pm - CA
LOve it!!! Either way you will rock this **** out and be where you want to be in no time at all! Keep your feet planted firmly on the ground kid… See ya on the flip side!!! 
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Karen-Adventure
on 9/29/11 1:03 am
First of all ouch!  I'm glad you have survived your failed attempt to be superman.  So excited that you have chosen to be proactive and take this big step.  Good luck tomorrow.  I am sure you will do great.  Keep us all informed on your progress.

A911Angel
on 9/29/11 3:20 am
 Wow, you have had a time of it!!  Good luck with your surgery!  I'll scoot over on the bench!

Best Wishes!

Holly

Nicole S.
on 9/29/11 6:12 am - Vallejo, CA
WOW ok with that being said - and established you arent a super hero, you have the ability now to make life what you want it to be!  A spot will be saved for you, that is for sure (and not an end seat- dont want you to spill your beer). 

You are already an amazing man by your experiences, now you can enjoy this new journey!!! 
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 251 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views