What's going on?

SisterBigBone
on 9/29/11 6:15 am - Bronx, NY
So, two weeks ago, I jumped on the scale and I was 163lbs. I worked out and eat well and the next week I went down to 160.8lbs. I was happy with that. I continued to eat well and go to the gym. Today I hopped on the scale and it said I was 163.6lbs. What is going on? I'm 6 months out. I eat anywhere between 600-850 calories a day. I go to the gym 3 times a week. I do 90 minutes of cardio and in addition to that, two of the 3  days, I do weight training with a personal trainer. Can someone give me a clue of what I'm doing wrong? I'm 20lbs away from my goal and I really want to make this happen. Please help!!!!

Smardeepants
on 9/29/11 6:28 am
I think it's too soon to stress about this... I stall/bounce up ALL.THE.TIME. Some weeks I gain, others I drop 5lbs.

Be patient with your body, sometimes it just needs to adjust to everything that's going on. You can gain muscle/lose fat, lose inches (scale stays the same), be retaining fluids (or poo, LOL)... even hormonal things and sodium play a role.

Take a deep breath, some photos, and some measurements. It helps me when I can measure my progress in way OTHER than the scale.

(((hugs)))

Kizzee
on 9/29/11 6:44 am - CA
a friend of mine had the same issue however when we went shopping 2 days later she had dropped a dress size. Muscle weights more than fat so you should check inches instead of body weight. good luck.
frisco
on 9/29/11 7:29 am

First..... Sista Big Bone.......

Congrats on your WL..... you are so doin it !!!!!

Your plan sounds spot on.....just keep doin what your doing !!!!

The last twenty is a fight !!!! A fight you can win !!!!

Try and think about knocking it down 5ibs. at a time.....

You got this !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

SisterBigBone
on 9/29/11 7:38 am - Bronx, NY

Thanks guys! I'm super hungry right now too. I think I'm PMSing. I never get this hungry ever.

Valsdetermined2lose
on 9/29/11 8:37 am
first of all, your doing great!!! Second, i wouldnt worry so much maybe its water retention. Also at 6 months is when i started bouncing like crazy from one number to the next, i think its just a way our bodies are adjusting after your 6 month mark. Keep up the good work and your almost there. :)
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views