25% of excess weight GONE. Happy Friday!

fypcdqt
on 9/29/11 10:53 pm - Cumming, GA
I have tendencies to become obsessive compulsive about anything that can be measured or counted, so I only allow myself to weigh twice a month.  This helps me still get a handle on how well I am rocking my sleeve without becoming unhealthily obsessive about every gram of protein, every ounce of water and every carb that enters my mouth (good and bad!).

Today was weigh in day for me, and I am down another 7 lbs in 2 weeks.  I was a little bummed because that means my first month's weight loss post surgery is only 11 net pounds.  At my 2 week follow up, my nurse assured me I was on track because I was in the hospital longer than some and had gained fluid weight from all the IVs I was on that my body had to work to lose. 

I was starting to get discouraged until I did the math and figured this out: from the time I started this journey at 333 lbs, I have lost 25% of my excess weight.  My goal is 160 (my dr and I are not in agreement on this one just yet), and I have lost 44 lbs since the start!  If that isn't reason to celebrate, I don't know what is!

I know I still have to follow the plan and increase my exercise as I am able.  I had a hard time recovering from the anesthesia so I wasn't able to do much until this past week!  Hopefully as I am able to get more protein in and increase my movement, I will continue to see success.

Happy Friday, every one!!!!

Amy

abrown8434
on 9/30/11 12:54 am - VA
Girl, you better be happy and get it! I also have had some of your feelings but then I remember, any diet where I have lost weight this fast had me starving and in a little time the weight came right back. At least this time we now that no matter how fast or how much we lose, we will never get back to where we are. We will continue to drop no matter how long it takes and, if we gain, it will be a few pounds like normal folks and then we will take it off again--quickly, never returning to where we are now.

Congratulations on your beginnings and losing 25% of your excess weight!!!! That is amazing with just a month out! How many nonsurgical folks would kill to be able to say the same?!!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

fypcdqt
on 9/30/11 1:12 am - Cumming, GA
Thanks! I am happy. Sometimes uttit takes stepping back to appreciate the road yyou just walked! Happy trails to us.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 148 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 422 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 441 views