Heart Rate

Simplyme83
on 10/5/11 9:40 am
 So I'm one week out today, and when I stand up I don't just jump up. If laying down I sit up slowly and sit there for a min then stand slowly. When walking around, folding laundry, dishes shower...just normal things my heart rate goes crazy and I'm not moving fast I'm taking it easy. I know resting heart rate  is supposed to be between like 60-100 for women. Mine when I count it for 15 sec and mult by 4 is anywhere from 107-115. When resting it's around 96-99. I do have a head cold, nice  to get it 4days out of surgery. I am just concerned when standing and doing small house chores I can feel my heart beating and get short of breath. Is this normal? And how long before I feel me again?

Thanks
 ~ Simplyme83~          
HogRider
on 10/5/11 9:51 am - Jacksonville, FL
I'm no doctor but I played one as a child.  In context of weight loss surgery it could be dehydration, your body blood pressure changing from the weight loss, vitamin issues, head cold, I mean the could be many, many reason, some benign some serious.  best to contact your doctor/surgeon now and discuss it with them.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
Simplyme83
on 10/5/11 9:54 am
 I figured that as well, I'm guessing due to getting 40-50 oz a day vs the 120 I used to before surgery is prob effecting me as well has having a nasty head cold and cough.  I see the doctor on Friday, so def. one of my questions for him. Thank you
 ~ Simplyme83~          
Crystal M.
on 10/5/11 10:46 am - El Paso, TX
I would call your surgeon ASAP. That is what happened to me a few days after surgery, and the surgeon told me to go to the ER. They drew blood & found my counts were extremely low. Turned out I had a reaction to Lovenox (the blood thinner they were giving me post-op) and I was bleeding inside my abdominal wall. I took three units of whole blood. I don't want to scare you, and I'm not saying what was wrong with me is what is wrong with you, but they told me if I had ignored it, I could've gone into shock and then into cardiac arrest.
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

iLoveMe
on 10/5/11 12:02 pm - MO

Honey, I had the same problem..I freaked out and went to a cardiologist and everything as I thought I was dying!!! You are not getting in enough water..start drinking your required daily intake (64 ozs) and it should return to normal within 2-3 days..good luck!

Simplyme83
on 10/5/11 1:28 pm
 I'm sitting here staying awake to get in more water I'm up to 50oz now ... My body is used to over 100 a day, so I'm sure its in a shock. I'm going to call my Dr tomorrow to see what to do if it keeps up. I just checked my resting rate and its good at 85. I'm good with that.  I just got up to get more water and close the windows and it went up to 105. I think it has alot to do with me being so damn sick and not getting the water intake I'm used to, also I had cream of mushroom soup yesterday and it has lots of sodium which makes me retain water and require more water to function...so probably dehydration...but  Dr call will happen tomorrow. I'm still doing my spramoter they sent me home with to keep my lungs clear. And my nurse told me the more I cough the better for my lungs due to clearing the bottom of them and getting that nasty out. Thanks for the reply everyone!
 ~ Simplyme83~          
lanunes
on 10/5/11 8:02 pm - CA
 Are you taking cold medicine? If so, that can elevate your heart rate. 
      Leslie Nunes              
Simplyme83
on 10/6/11 5:41 am
 I called my surgeon this morning, he was concerned stopped my celebrex due to me being allergic to bactrum it's possible I have side effects from celebrex also and sent me over to the Urgent care for chest x-rays to rule out pneumonia. So I did my duties and followed his instructions low and behold x-rays were tough to read due to fatty tissue. However ruled out pneumonia and I have a bad case of sinusitis. Off I go to pick up my perscription of Augminten and flo nase. I pray this helps me feel better. I asked about my heart rate and he said my resting is good, so he isn't too concerned however feels when I stand up and try to do little things I'm short of breath from being nasty sick and all the meds and anesthesia given in the hospital it can take awhile to get out of my system. He said getting better and thus should fix the heart rate. He explained he has spent 25yrs as a cardioligist so I guess I should trust him. We shall see. Thanks for all your concerns and replys!!!  Off to getting better and back to focusing on losing!
 ~ Simplyme83~          
sunnymicki
on 10/6/11 5:55 am
So glad you called your Dr and got checked out!  Hopefully the new meds make a difference for you.  It must stink so bad to be dealing with that along with recovering from surgery.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Simplyme83
on 10/6/11 7:26 am
 It does, but thankfully my little wounds look and feel great. And sleeping on my sides is a double plus! My stomach hasn't given me much trouble at all. I started a probiotic today to go along with the antibiotics to protect my intestines etc etc. I'm hoping this nips it in the butt. 
 ~ Simplyme83~          
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views