Still hungry?

Marisa_21
on 10/9/11 3:15 am - CA
I see everyone talking about how full they get so quickly and I am wondering if I am alone in this but I feel like I can tolerate more than I should and I am not satisfied after a few sips of something. I guess everyone has a different capacity but I don't get that full feeling after just a couple of sips or spoonfulls, even though I cannot take in anywhere even close to what I could before surgery. Could it be because I am still in the liquid phase that I am feeling this way? Maybe it because I am only 10 days out from surgery and I am still healing and could be swollen inside. I just want to know if anyone else out there has felt like other people are tolerating less than they are and if you still feel like you need more after you've already had what should be "normal." I want to stay on track and be successful in this so I figure the best way to find out is to ask other VSGers. I don't want to take in too much of something and jeopardize my weight loss because at this point I don't feel like I am losing enough (down 10lbs since surgery 9/29/11)
mama2girls
on 10/9/11 3:40 am
Yes ur right ur still in the liquid stage when u start solids it will not be so easy to eat so much. I am almost 9weeks out and can eat more but the more sold the less I can eat. Also some days I can eat more than others, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

abrown8434
on 10/9/11 3:41 am - VA
No there is nothing wrong you. Now I have noticed that taking Pepcid sometimes makes a difference in hunger. Sometimes it can be stomach acid vs. real hunger so see if there is a difference when you take the antiacid that the dr prescribed for you.

Outside of that think about an infant. Milk satisfies in the beginning but then they get to a stage where they need to add a little cereal to the milk to be full. Then it progress from there. I think our bodies do the same. The closer you are to your mushed food stage, at least for me, I started being able to tolerate more and felt hunger. Of course, once I sat down to eat my meals, it quickly went away but I went from feeling as if I didn't need to eat all day to I want to eat something! It's natural and your fine.

As long as you're not going from 1 or 2 ozs to 10 oz I would't be alarmed. Focus on adding more protein to your liquids and drinking more liquids (remember to wait at least 30 to 45 mins after your meal to drink liquids). Besides, you are not as swollen as you were so now you can take in a little more.

Make sure you note these things and discuss them w/your dr on your two week follow up appt. Best of luck to you,

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views