Suggestions for a food scale

sourcherriex
on 10/10/11 4:34 am - CA
 I'm trying to buy a food scale online. Does anyone have any suggestions? My biggest concern is ACCURACY. I don't really care what it looks like. But cute would be a nice bonus :) And not too large either.
 ~Marisa~

edelu
on 10/10/11 6:09 am - los angeles, CA
I see you're in LA also.  I'd been looking for one and the problem i had was that the bigger ones had smaller readings on the ounce size (don't wnat tohave to put on glasses to read everytime) and since we are counting in ounces the search went on.  i found a tiny one at Bed Bath and Beyond.  It's a Salter and tiny.  the scale part of it has a top also so you could weigh put the lid on and carry to work or whatever.  Best part it was $5.00. If you have one of those 20% coupons that BB&B send out ad nauseum final total $4.00.  I love mine and not a lot of counter space is used.  Hope that helps.
Faye56
on 10/10/11 6:46 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
I got mine at TJMaxx and cannot remember the brand right now but I have seen several posts on here where people have bought theirs at Target and wa very pleased with them. You might ck out their website. Good luck!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

jennyfur76
on 10/10/11 7:32 am - OH
VSG on 06/21/11 with
 I just got mine in Wal Mart. It's digital, small, glass top so not bad on looks. I think it was $25-30 or so? Nothing fancy, but it works great! I believe Target also has nice ones, but I'm not too close to one.
Good luck!

Crystal M.
on 10/10/11 7:44 am - El Paso, TX
Consider a small postal scale. Mine cost $10, has a maximum capacity of 10 lbs, and is accurate to 1/10 of an ounce. It's about the size of a salad plate, and runs on a single 9V battery, which I replace about once a year.

I use it for shipping packages (I sell on eBay & half.com) and also use it for weighing my food. :-)

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views