How long from approval to cutting for YOU?

Mrsdean4
on 10/10/11 10:40 am - VA
I just got my approval today, and I know that every office is different and each patient situation is unique, but I'm curious.  How long after your insurance approved you did you actually have your date scheduled.  Then, after that, how long until you had the procedure done?  TIA!

Kacey

sunnymicki
on 10/10/11 10:45 am
I scheduled my date the next business day after I found out I was approved.

I got the next available date.  It was almost exactly six weeks out.  It would have been closer to a month, but my surgeon had a two week vacation scheduled in there somewhere.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

HogRider
on 10/10/11 10:47 am - Jacksonville, FL
All depends on your surgeons schedule. Mine was 3 weeks.
USAF Retired                     CW: 257 SW: 341  GW :170
Ms. Poker Face
on 10/10/11 10:49 am
I took the earliest available appt, which was 5 weeks out from my approval.

Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Deborahdb
on 10/10/11 10:51 am - TX
 Hi Mrsdean4,  

I feel out of place somewhat answering this question since I am new basically myself.  I can however tell you I got my approval on I think it was last Monday Oct. 3rd and my surgery was schedule by Thursday Oct. 6th.  I went on Friday to complete some other test and procedures that my surgeon required and completed the pre registration and registration also on that day.  I went to see my surgeon today and start my Liquid diet on tomorrow...so 7 days of fun for me then VGS surgery on Oct. 18th.  

So in a round the way answer it took 4 days from approval to scheduling the date!!  Yay!!

David R.
on 10/10/11 11:19 am
I scheduled mine on the day I got my approval.
Jennifer S.
on 10/10/11 11:20 am
The day I was approved, my surgery was scheduled.  It was scheduled 2 weeks from the day it was approved.  Good luck to you and congrats!

Jennifer

precious_diamond38
on 10/10/11 11:30 am - VA
when my papers were submitted to my insurance is the day i recvd my date. I found out a week later i was approved. i had about 3 weeks to prepare once i recvd my approval..
IndyVSG74
on 10/10/11 12:51 pm - IN
Once I was approved it took about 4-5 days for the surgeon's office to call me for scheduling. I could have gone as early as end of July but I purposely picked mid-August for a variety of reasons, so I could have been in surgery as quickly as 3 weeks from approval but chose 6 weeks.
~Megan
Sleeved 8/10/11

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 3:05 pm - CA
Wow, I can't believe how quickly the process is for so many.  I got my approval in June but my surgery is scheduled this Thursday, 10/13.  My surgeon requires all patients to attend at least one support group, I had to see a cardiologist and take a stress test, have chest x-rays, attend a nutrition class, get a second EKG and clearance from my primary doctor, get  a blood type & cross, have labs done (blood and urine), and a second pre-op appointment with the surgeon.  I didn't mind all of the appointments and the wait time.  It gave me a chance to get the education and research I needed to confirmI was making the right decision.  Also, my doc is pretty popular so he's got a high demand which also attributed to the four month wait.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views