Starting pureed stage a few ?'s

Simplyme83
on 10/11/11 12:43 pm
Can I have the Ricotta bake?.... it sounds really good!
Any Veggies?
My plan doesn't say anything about veggies, it says I can have soup as long as it's not strong flavors. I got veggie soup...it was a craving thing. Can I have it?
Just a little unclear on the list. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

~ Simplyme83~          
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 12:47 pm
Ricotta bake was fine for me during the pureed stage, go with a non-chunky sauce.. puree any soup that fits your plan, and I believe that will be good. One of my first pureed foods was a pureed deviled egg! I had to add a bit of water to make it mushier, but it was tasty and silky.. and I think I may have eaten 2T! :)
Simplyme83
on 10/11/11 12:50 pm
 Oh my a deviled egg sounds wonderful!!! I may try that tomorrow! :) Thank You!  I bought the stuff for Ricotta bake today but got to thinking about it and wasn't sure. This is sooo exciting! lol

Thanks for the reply!
 ~ Simplyme83~          
kimbethin
on 10/11/11 1:19 pm - CA
I ate canned veggies during my pureed time.  Soft ones like peas and french cut green beans  I also ate vegetable beef soup.  It was very filling, but not much protein so I didn't eat very much.  After all of that sweet liquid stuff I really wanted vegetables so I understand the cravings.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 1:22 pm
Just make sure that if ou top itnwith melted cheese ou chew the heck out of it, as melted cheese can sit like a lump in our tummy, if you use grated parm no prob. Greek yougurt has been my frined as well as cotage cheese, scambled eggs mushed up really well.
k__
on 10/11/11 2:19 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15
I pureed a cup of Progresso 3 bean chili soup with 1/3 cup greek yogurt.  Smooth & creamy, with just enough spice.  So good.

GrandmaJoanie
on 10/11/11 10:35 pm - NJ
I pureed Wendy's chili in the blender and did the ricotta bake later in the week.  I also tried baby food... Blech! Yuk.  N
o wonder it is all over the baby after feeding - that stuff sucks.  On thing I will warn you on though is : Do not over buy.  You are not in this stage for a long time and I was not able to eat very much.  I can't tell you how many cans and jars of applesauce and refried beans are still in my pantry from planning for this stage in my recovery.

Simplyme83
on 10/12/11 12:12 am

Awesome, thank you everyone! 
 ~ Simplyme83~          
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 152 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 427 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 445 views