Aunt Flow is here uninvited...possible tmi Q

dicastro1010
on 10/15/11 7:16 am - Escondido, CA
So.. I am on the pill where i only get a quarterly (every three month) visit from my good ole aunt flow. Well last month I had my surgery on the 14th, and aunt flow came on the 16th for a whole week but it made sense because I was not given bc pills while in the hospital. So those couple days of no pill caused her arrival.

Well I started back on it as soon as I got home and was not expecting a visit for 3 months from my release home- so perhaps mid december, but guess what?!? SHE IS BACK starting yesterday despite the fact that I am taking the pill every day which should keep her at bay. WTF?

I am guessing this is all because my body is in a funk from surgery/recovering etc. BUT does this also mean that the pill is not effective right now? 

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do? Change BC?
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

acbbrown
on 10/15/11 7:46 am - Granada Hills, CA
Id say its probably caused by hormonal changes - nothing to worry about but be careful with the pill - ive heard of being getting PG even on the pill post-op. I think the general consensus is to use two forms of BC to be safe!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jennchap
on 10/15/11 9:50 am - CA
I got 2 and 3 periods a month sometimes during the weight loss phase. I went to the OB and did ultrasounds and a biopsy because of all the bleeding. It was just all hormonal and now that Ive stopped losing its all back to normal. Hang in there babe.
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

dicastro1010
on 10/15/11 4:16 pm - Escondido, CA
Thanks ladies for the advice! Glad to hear it's not unique to me. It is a pain though. Ick.
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/11 5:06 pm
 Wierd that you bring that up.  I just had my surgery on Tuesday, and I wasn't due for another 2 weeks to have my period, but it started yesterday.  I'm very regular each month  (I have a IUD) so I thought that was wierd.  

I figured it had to do with my surgery....
duranie512
on 10/16/11 4:34 am - OH
Hi MiMi, I don't know if you thought about this but could you having weight loss cause your IUD to fall out of place???  Since things are shrinking, you might want to call you GYN and ask about it. I had an |UD way before weight loss surgery it ended up falling out of place and ended up prego, but it ended in MC because of it.  Just trying to keep you safe.  ;0) 
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/11 9:54 am
OMG, I never thought about that!!  I will talk with my GYN about that.

Thank you for your heads up!
Lisie318
on 10/16/11 1:23 am - VA
 Dont trust only your BC right now!!  I had the same thing happen to but with the nuva ring. i had 2 periods in 1 month. when im only suppose to have one every three months. 

your body is going through soo many changes. so your period is going to change too. 

but remember your pill shouldnt be the only form of BC right now if your active. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 363 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views