11 months today

sianabob
on 10/18/11 2:37 am
I feel like I post all the time, new pictures, new excitement... blah blah blah..

So I am not going to post a photo of todays fantastic-ness... stay tuned for my one year..

I just want to put this out there for all the newbies, pre-ops, and lurkers in lurker land....

This is simply the best choice I have EVER made for myself.. I am happy when I look in the mirror, I am happy when I am trying on clothes.. I am happy when I run/ jump/ frolic with my child, I am happy that I can walk past the donuts/chocolates/sodas/chips/carby goodness without stopping to investigate which bag(s) I will be taking home with me.. I am happy that I can do my job better, be a better wife, and a more active mother.. I am happy that I can sweep without stopping before I finish cause my back hurts, happy that I am making better food choices not only for myself but for my family as well... I am happy that my list of complaints today are as follows:

I whined at the gym cause my pants were sliding down when I was running
----because they are too big, not me... not to forget I was RUNNING

I was annoyed when I was showering because it is hard to shave my arm pits
--- not because my arms are to fat to reach them, but because I have weird pits in my arm pit where the fat used to be.. I dont know how skinny girls shave!

I moaned cause I was out of tuna fish and had to eat cheese and turkey
---I would have whined for not having chips to go with my tuna a year ago

I sighed cause I was tired
--- because it is 11:30 and I had already sent my kid off to school, went to the gym for 1.5 hours, swept, mopped, showered, set up my backdrops then took a session, loaded the dishwasher, ate, ran to the shoppette, made work calls, and a handful of other random little tasks... a year ago it would have to be 11:30 at night for me to have already finished all of that, and I would have been leaving things out..

I am 11 months out, I have lost a total of 116 lbs... met both my health and vanity goal .. I currently weigh 125, wearing a size 3-5 jeans depending on the maker but happily I can say 80% of my jeans are size 3.. lost a shoe size, went from a 42c to a 34d so the girls have stuck by my side... lost my back boobs though, thank God...

If you are on the fence, just know that as long as you are mentally ready for this HUGE change then this is certianly something to do!! 3 years ago I could have had the RNY.. it wasnt the time in my life for it, and thank goodness cause I am soo glad I have the sleeve!!

newme2011-2012
on 10/18/11 2:53 am
Thanks for your post... Not on the fence here , just anxiously awaiting my day... Won't be long!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Pat H.
on 10/18/11 2:55 am
Sweetie these are the kind of complaints I could read all day!!
Thanks for sharing.

SW - 234.5  GW - 140.5   Met Goal on 5/7/12  

theshrinkingmimi
on 10/18/11 3:01 am
Congrats on everything.  
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Rekeca
on 10/18/11 3:34 am - NC
I love your post. Thanks for sharing. Though I have just started this journey, I can see so many changes in my energy as well. So I am loving my journey.

roogirlmulder
on 10/18/11 3:53 am - San Diego, CA
Congrats on your 11 months mile stone Siana. You look fabulous and deserve to be so proud of your accomplishment.

And I just have to say, I totally understand the frustration of having your pants falling down as you run on the treadmill. It frustrates the hell outta me! LOL

Keep it up girl, and look forward to seeing your surgiversary pictures!

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

shellnsons
on 10/18/11 4:10 am
Way to GO!! I love your whinning can't wait to whin about the same things LOL...

foodlover
on 10/18/11 4:43 am
so awesome!  congrats!!!!
kimbethin
on 10/18/11 5:27 am - CA
What great changes in your life!  Congrats on your success!  You are a great example to us about how to enjoy life and work our sleeves.  Thanks for your posts.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 408 views