San Diego Folks - Therapist Suggestions

SunnyinSD
on 10/18/11 4:54 am - San Diego, CA
Hi All,

I am post-op VSG and now that I've fixed my body's food addiction, I think I need to work on my head's addiction to food. I'm trying to find a therapist who might already have some experience with bariatric surgery patients. Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent therapist? I'm in the Rancho Bernardo/Poway area, but I'm willing to drive if the doctor is highly recommended.

Thanks!

I'm a 5'9", 33 year old mother of 2 living in Sunny San Diego  
Starting Weight: 273  Surgery Weight: 235  Goal Weight: 140   Surgery Date: 08/08/11

ljbarbara
on 10/18/11 7:59 am
I'm in the La Jolla area and nearly three years out.  I don't have a therapist recommendation for you, I just haven't found one on the same wave length as I.  My church is offering the class: MADE TO CRAVE... satisfying your deepest desire with God, not food.  I'm really amazed at how relevant this has been in my life.  Who knew?  The book and the workbook can be purchased from most booksellers including online like Amazon etc.  If you are good at self directed studies you don't need to take the classes (though the classes are open to anyone who wants to take them).  If you are interested in something like this I'd be happy to give you any info you need.  Good luck in your search for a therapist!  I'm sure there is one out there for you...

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Marcia B.
on 10/19/11 12:17 am - CA
The one I used in RB was Lisa M. Steres for my psych eval prior to surgery sorry I don't have her number but the therapist I see which focuses on Behavior Therapy is Lisa Klise with PCSD... and the number there is 760-489-4930

You can check PCSD therapists online too just google PCSD they have lots of them and in areas all over. :)
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

SunnyinSD
on 10/19/11 12:22 am - San Diego, CA
Thank you!  I'll call both doctors.

I'm a 5'9", 33 year old mother of 2 living in Sunny San Diego  
Starting Weight: 273  Surgery Weight: 235  Goal Weight: 140   Surgery Date: 08/08/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views