Feeling Really Bad Today

Robin W.
on 10/19/11 7:13 am - Severn, MD
Hi Everyone,

I am five weeks post op today and I won't lie, I feel like something the cat dragged in. Well, it actually started yesterday. I didn't do a very good job with fluids and protein yesterday because I just did not feel like eating much. I also felt like if I forced myself to eat that as soon as I put anything in my mouth I would gag. I drank some watered down grape juice because I felt a little shaky and that made me SICKER. The infamous dumping syndrome got me. I haven't felt right since. I been eating and drinking fine today, but more nauseous than usual. My biggest concern is my energy level is ZILCH. I didn't even go to work today. I have been under tremendous stress this week with my doctoral studies, but this is far more than stress related. I feel like I just wanna sleep my life away, and get annoyed when I have to get up to go to the bathroom or for any reason. I guess I wanna know if I'm to expect days like this, or is it something I'm not doing? Don't get me wrong I am so pleased with my results thus far, and up until now had felt sooo much heathier that if I don't lose another pound I will be ok. I don't regret my decision for one millisec. I could have never achieved these results this quick prior to this tool. I got my sexy back, now I just want my ***** back. Lol. Thanks for letting me whine a little. I'm a big baby when I don't feel well.

Robin    
annatschida
on 10/19/11 7:21 am - Shakopee, MN
Hi Robin,
I am 11 weeks out and I totally understand what you are going through.  I have had a handful of days like that in my journey too. Hang in there :0) The biggest thing for me is usually being low on fluids (which it sounds like you figured out) or forgetting my vitamins. I notice a pretty significant difference in how I feel when I forget either of those. Another thing to remember is that your hormones are going crazy right now with the weight loss so you will probably be a little emotional off and on. I like to shop or exercise when I get like that - things that make me feel good about myself.  Good luck girl and keep yo head up :0)

Robin W.
on 10/19/11 7:37 am - Severn, MD
You are a sweetheart, and you are so right about the emotional rollercoaster. I been snapping at my friends and family more than usual, and just all out verbally abusive to my poor husband. I really think my blood sugar is all outta whack (no history of diabetes). I'm still tryna figure out a good balance of protein and carbs. I remember feeling this way during the beginning of trying Atkins. Needles to say I didn't do that diet long. lol. Thanks again for your reply. I will take your advice and up the fluids. Great job on your weightloss, and thanks for the friend request. Hugs! 

Robin    
anninva
on 10/19/11 7:42 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
(((((((((((((robin)))))))))))))  sorry you feel so crappy.  i think the flluids, lack of food, and vites probably make a difference, as well as the dreaded hormones.  i know i always felt better when i could get some kind of protein in -- anything.  don't worry about all the rules right now -- even broth is better than nothing.  you might want to call the doc if it goes on too much longer.

i know feeling like crap makes it that much harder to enjoy this "ride" but i promise you'll be feeling "normal" in no time!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Robin W.
on 10/19/11 7:57 am - Severn, MD

Thank you Miss Ann! It feels so good to have people like you who care. Big Hugs to you.

Robin    
edelu
on 10/19/11 7:50 am, edited 10/19/11 7:51 am - los angeles, CA
Do you feel as if maybe your electrolytes are off?  i got the best gift off a poster on here pre surgery.  he said to get in some pedialyte, just in case.  Three times since surgery I've had episodes of feeling funky, weak, clammy, sweaty, as if  I'm never going to want to get out of the bed, up from the couch, etc.  half a cup has put me back on track. I honestly think of it as my miracle cure, because very little can lift you from feeling that crappy. When i told my Dr he said it was the best thing on the market.  You may just have an imbalance because of the last day or so.  Hope that helps.
Robin W.
on 10/19/11 8:00 am - Severn, MD
WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! Sending my son to get me some right now! Thank you so much for sharing that tidbit. I am willing to try anything to feel better. If you say it works. I'm trusting ya. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks Again

Robin    
edelu
on 10/20/11 5:15 am - los angeles, CA
Robin W,

How are you feeling?  I know you had an appt with your Dr. today so let us know how it went.

Hope all is well, sending best wishes your way.
SassyItalian
on 10/19/11 8:13 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Right around where you are I started feeling the same way. Tired, exhausted, beat up.

I had my regular doctor run my labs and low and below my Potassium was low.
They gave me pills to supplement.

I ended up feel fatigue for about 4 months and then everything went back to normal but it is very important you run bloodwork to makesure you are where you need to be.

In my opinion, we are eating so little newly post-op there is no way we can get in all the potassium and iron we need from food so it is essential you check your levels.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Robin W.
on 10/19/11 8:25 am - Severn, MD
See that's why I love this board! Yall give such good advice that could possibly save someone's lfe. Low potassium is a big deal. I called my surgeon, he's gonna see me tomorrow. Thanks again!

Robin    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views