my surgery date is set

Mermaid7
on 10/21/11 7:42 am
 omg!  I got my date!  November 16th!   Please, advice etc...if you can.
 thank you...
newme2011-2012
on 10/21/11 7:46 am
Congrats!! Mine is Nov. 10th...

Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Awesomassager
on 10/21/11 9:29 am - KY
Start now.. cut out pop, and make portions smaller, walk walk walk...

I have lost 15lbs in 45 days.. And my surgery is on November 2nd...

Congrats, your wait is almost over
Eula "Evie" R.
on 10/21/11 10:38 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi,
I know six months ago how excited I was about my surgery date. I am so happy for you. Just take care of yourself and always do what your Dr. tells you to do, because he knows best. My surgery was not bad at all, had gas pain, just a few things, but when I didn't listen to my Dr. I ended up in the hospital a few times, like they say on here, sip,walk. I am so thankful for my sleeve and would do it over in a heart beat.
God Bless to all of you going into surgery.
Evie

Guardedly-Hopeful
on 10/21/11 12:26 pm - OR
I am having surgery on the 16th too!  I can't believe it!  Here we gooooo!
  Donna Wood  
Mermaid7
on 10/24/11 12:39 am
Wow, it looks like we are about at the same current weight, too!  Good luck, Gos bless you on this journey.  A new journey, a new chance, huh?  It is nice to know someone else is having it on the same day.  I am mentally preparing by visualizing the procedure (like I know!?) so that my body will come through stronger.  I did this when my baby was in the womb and I think it helped things.  I don't have a baby now, just my guts, but I hope this will help me through.  I am also praying for the surgeon's expertise and knowledge, and for some good luck.  Last night I had some fear too, but this forum really helps alay fears.  Thanks to you and everyone *****sponded!
Tell me how you are going to do things differently in your life.  I'd just like to know.  Some people I read about, or meet are very strict about their afterward diet, others eat anything, of course just in smaller portions.  Do you have any plans?  I am not sure, but I think I will continue with very little simple carbs.
Suane
on 10/22/11 2:28 am - Livingston County, MI

I would have to say, be kind to yourself and patient. There will be up and down moments, days but it's all so worth it. And most importantly, you are having surgery on you stomach, not your head. This is a tool to help you, not a majic wand allowing you to continue with your old bad habits.

This is life changing because you will lose the weight and transform into a person that others will marvel at your progress. Soak up all the compliments and remember that it was your fortitude that got you there.

To all of you having surgery soon, you will be successful if you stay positive along the way.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

Mermaid7
on 10/24/11 12:30 am
Thank you for your kind and wise comments.  You are so right, it was my fortitude that pushed me to this point.  I cannot let myself down as I have so many times in the past,  all the other times...
Thank you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views