Scar Questions

AnnieG_1977
on 10/23/11 4:17 am - LA
 I had vertical sleeve on August 1, and the main scar from the surgery has been very sore the past couple of days! Is this normal? There is brusing under the scar and is sensitive to touch? Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks
abrown8434
on 10/23/11 5:35 am - VA
I don't know how normal that is from August 1st. I know there was a period after surgery where I didn't experience the soreness anymore and then maybe a few days a week later I did in the largest incision area and then it went away.

I have heard someone else recently post the same thing so maybe it is. Double check w/your dr's office but I think if it's just soreness or itchiness you are probably okay. Just make sure if it turns into swelling and redness that you keep an eye out for infection.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

sianabob
on 10/23/11 5:57 am
the one I had in my belly button was tender for awhile.. the other ones were tender if I pressed on them but not that far out...
The reason why my bellly button was sore was due to a few of the stitches getting rejected by my body and ended up working their way back out

Pkrplyr777
on 10/24/11 12:58 am - CT
I had my surgery August 1st as well.
My scars are periodically sensitive. i.e. sore/itchy.

It comes and goes but overall they all appear to be healing, no infections.

Hope that helps.
Donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views