The scale hates me

Marisa_21
on 10/25/11 3:37 pm - CA
Why isn't my scale moving?!? Am I being too impatient? I am doing everything right and I feel like I am not losing quickly enough. I keep getting compliments from people and my boyfriend comments on how much smaller I am. I can see it in my clothes, they are literally falling off but I am in that awkward between sizes phase so that is adding to my frustration. I will be one month out on Saturday and I have only lost 18.5lbs. Am I freaking out for no reason? Is this normal? I want to lose weight faster than this. Any suggestions?
lanunes
on 10/25/11 4:13 pm - CA
 Only 18.5 lbs? That is a good amount of weight! How much were you expecting to lose?
      Leslie Nunes              
acbbrown
on 10/25/11 4:15 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I think it might help you during this process if you stop and adjust your expectations. WLS is not a magic cure - it will not come off over night. It took a long time to put it on, it will take time to take it off.

If you make peace that your body is going to do whatever the hell it wants to do, this will be easier. Stalls, gains, slow downs are the hall marks of WLS. We would all LOVE to lose faster, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

Take a deep breath, focus on healing, stay off the freaking scale, and follow your plan and you will get to your goal, one pound at a time.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Marisa_21
on 10/25/11 4:23 pm - CA
Thanks for your replies :) I am being way too hard on myself and I think I definitely need to stay away from the scale because I stress myself out for no reason. I am on an emotional roller coaster and I think I am beginning to mourn my old relationship with food, even though that relationship is the reason I had WLS. Tomorrow I will begin my soft food phase and I am honestly not excited about it because I want to eat a cheeseburger (terrible thoughts, I know) and I am adjusting to this lifestyle and what a difficult lifestyle it is. Anyway, it good to have people who have been through the same thing to bring me back down to Earth. Thanks again
howarli
on 10/25/11 7:58 pm - MD
Don't worry BE HAPPY!

We have the same surgery date and I lost the first two weeks but only 3 pounds since then.  I hope my stall is finally over.  And yes, you are way too hard on yourself...........have you cheeseburger, lean beef, fat free cheese,no bun and chew, chew, chew.
katier825
on 10/25/11 7:40 pm
You are probably at the right time for the 3-week stall! You have done great so far, you probably lost even more as most people gain several pounds of fluids from the surgery. Stalls suck, but the sooner you learn to accept them, the easier it is to deal with a slow moving scale. Take your measurements. When the scale isn't moving, you are usually losing inches. Hang in there. You'll be dropping pounds and inches before you know it!
Lisa J.
on 10/26/11 12:49 am - OK

HOLD UP HERE, SISTER! 18.5 lbs in a month......go grab a 20lb bag of dog food and carry it around for an hour or so.....get a perspective on what you've really lost here!

What we continue to tell ya'll is that while the scale may not be moving (and truly, since we've avoided ithe scale all these years til we do the WLS and we expect it to always go down--we simply don't realize that even while fat we still fluctuate the same way or hold!!). PLEASE MEASURE yourself, because you'll be amazed at how your body is readjusting even when the needle doesn't move.

neck
waist
upper arms
wrists
ankles
knees
thighs
hips
chest

Do it today, you simply won't BELIEVE the difference in couple months or a year!

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
Rekeca
on 10/26/11 1:02 am - NC
18.5 pounds are good and you are not a month out yet. I  have only lost 18 pounds and I am over a month and a half out. So I think you are doing good.

J.e.t.
on 10/26/11 1:14 am
What's your starting weight, and goal weight?  If you are a lighter weight person, you will likely lose a little slower than heavier weights.  I think you're doing great, though.  I wouldn't be upset about that loss at all.
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

sourcherriex
on 10/26/11 2:05 am - CA
 Hey.. my name's Marisa too! Haha. Anyway, it sounds like you're losing inches since you claim your clothes are falling off you. I would put the scale away for awhile. The number on the scale is nice to see, but it certainly doesn't mean much if you are falling out of your clothes. It sounds like you're doing fantastic!
 ~Marisa~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views