Has anyone????

barbara101
on 10/27/11 12:25 pm - somewhere, OH
I have gained 40 lbs back in the past year and a half. I am starting with the 5 day pouch test tomorrow.
I would like to hear from anyone who has gained alot of weight back and has gotten back on track and lost it again.
I have that carb monster on my back, but am determioned to lose him...
Thanks for any input.

Barbara   

mini_me_ now
on 10/27/11 12:38 pm

I havent gained 40 lbs but i did gain over 20  and i managed to take all of them off in the last few months...

for me I went back and re did my program so i did two weeks of shakes then worked through the stages but i did not do mushies as i didnt see the need to re do that.., i think for me that was what killed the carb monster i lost all cravings so it was easier going forward.... not only that but i felt alot more restriction which was great because i could eat 3 - 4 times a day and not have any issues with snacking...

I did allow soup broth in the first two weeks when ever i felt the slightest bit hungry and used sugar free popsicles at night for something to chew on and found hot tea helped me feel full too..

keep posting and let us know how your doing.  good luck
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Ms Shell
on 10/28/11 3:05 am - Hawthorne, CA
I gained back 25, have about 15 left.  It took me 9 MONTHS to finally figure it out and STOP the excuses and denial.  I've lost 10lbs in just the last 6 weeks.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

mini_me_ now
on 10/28/11 3:44 am
Im so happy its finally moving in the right direction for you... keep going and youll get to where you want to be...  Im proud of you for sticking at it...
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Ms Shell
on 10/28/11 3:58 am - Hawthorne, CA
thank you Linda...I'm really really trying!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

leisac
on 10/28/11 9:35 am - Australia
RNY on 07/10/13
Pick me. I had my original sleeve surgery in November 2007 and lost 70 kg (154 pounds) with a size 40 bougie and still had quite a bit to lose.

Around the 18 month-2 year mark I started to eat crap and stopped exercising and lo and behold gained weight (lots of it). Sat around not doing anything about it until a friend of mine who used the same surgeon mentioned it to the surgeon during one of her appointments. He told her to tell me to come back. I did and he did say to me that if he knew then what he did now and given my original size that he would have used a smaller bougie for the original surgery (think I was about number 60 on my1st round of surgery). Had a few investigations (gastrograffin swallow and eating challenge) and he decided that he would try and make my sleeve smaller.

Repeat surgery was in August this year.  Was able to form 2/3 of my stomach around a 32 bougie but had to plicate the other 3rd due to old suture line. Our healthcare system and my surgeon only charging the scheduled fee this time around meant I was only out of pocket about $400.

Completely different experience this time. In the early days with my original surgery if I ate too much would get a sharp stabbing pain in the middle of my chest and would stop eating immediately. This time around don't get that. If I overeat I gradually get that sick feeling and eventually have to hurl. Still getting the hang of what is too much this time.

Have lost about 22 kg (48 pounds) since surgery and that is with not really doing any exercise. Have added that in this week.

You are a lot smaller than I was to start with so not sure if this is helpful or not.

Good luck for the future.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views