Sauces for shrimp

sourcherriex
on 11/2/11 6:29 am - CA
 Anyone have any good sauces to go with shrimp? Maybe some nice greek yogurt ones for some extra protein? :)
 ~Marisa~

Elaine2
on 11/2/11 7:26 am - Atlanta, GA
I just put a little Surachi (international isle at the grocery) in the greek yogurt. Really hot stuff...so just a little.   Just prepped some for tonight.

I use a little greek yogurt with mustard for ham or pork loin; with salsa for "fajitas" (no wrap); a little bleu cheese for chicken,  etc.   Very useful ingredient!!

Twizzled D.
on 11/2/11 7:49 am
 I really don't know if this is too acidic for a new tummy, but I've never been a fan of traditional shrimp dips. I squeeze some lemon juice over them and toss in a bit of minced garlic, mix, and eat like that. 

If you're looking for something to make the shrimp a little more mushy-consistency for chewing/swallowing, I have a friend who dips his shrimp in tomato soup. I've tried that. It's not terrible, but like I said, I'm not a shrimp-dipper. I am a chicken-dipper though - I mix a little plain Greek yogurt with light honey mustard dressing (if I had to guess, it's about 2 parts yogurt to 1 part honey mustard). Not sure how it'd taste on shrimp, though. 

Enjoy! I had a craving for shrimp but forgot to stop at the grocery store.
-Kristi

sourcherriex
on 11/2/11 8:36 am - CA
 Yeah the lemon/garlic thing was the only idea I had. I was thinking about mixing some ****tail sauce with the yogurt and see how that tastes.. lol.
 ~Marisa~

AllaP
on 11/2/11 9:39 am - Vaughan, Canada
I love chicken or mushroom cream soup. 
nilesmama08
on 11/2/11 9:58 am - Atlanta , GA
I found a dill sauce on all recipes.com. It calls for sour cream but I substitute Greek yogurt. I use on spicy baked fish. I have not tried with Shrimp.
1/4 mayo
1/2 Greek yogurt
tsp. Lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh dill
1/8 tsp garlic powder
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat   I met my initial goal of 160!          
janielynne
on 11/2/11 10:09 am
this sounds great ...I will have to try this at my next party

LeahBea
on 11/2/11 2:02 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I eat lots of shrimp post surgery and am always experimenting with marinades, sauces. And new ways to make it. Some of my favs:

-Pesto, a little extra olive oil and a little fresh ground pepper for marinating.
-brush with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic herb seasoning and grill
-a little barbeque sauce, rice vinegar and a little raspberry preserves mixed together
-sliced avocado, mango, red onion, diced tomato, cilantro, a tiny bit of mint, garlic and lime juice squeezed over top
- http://www.chobanikitchen.com/recipes/detail/cilantro-yogurt-sauce one of my favs!
- Greek yogurt, canned chipotle blended together

Leah

frisco
on 11/2/11 5:28 pm

Google: Greek Tzadziki Sauce

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sourcherriex
on 11/3/11 3:57 am - CA
 thanks you guys!
 ~Marisa~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain