I'm very depress and need advice!!!

Joanne0615
on 11/4/11 11:45 pm
I have not been on this website for a long time. I felt in the beginning I was constantly comparing myself to all the big time loosers(weight). I was a slow looser and I lost within 6 months of my surgery 45 pds. I was happy with the weight lost but than my world started to change. I found out I could eat just about anything I wanted but in small amounts, I guess I would be considered a grazer!!! I have gained 10pds since July. Out of the 10pds  I gained 5 pds since this last Monday because my doctor told me to stop taking a water pill. I was getting really bad cramps at night and I was light headed. He said my blood pressure was low and I was dehydrated. I am so depress and feel like I have failed big time. I'm lost and don't know what to do. Please help!!!
Joanne
Joanne                
RubyTues
on 11/5/11 12:25 am - Canada
I'm sorry you are struggling.
Do you have access to a counselor  it could be a great help for you, or even  a dietician through your local hospital that could help steer you back.
I'd focus on water more.. maybe instead of grazing.. have a pitcher of crystal light or some other drink you like in the fridge and when you want to snack sip away on it first and perhaps it will get rid of that urge.
Don't lose sight of the hard work you have already put in. You can get back on track.

Kim_M
on 11/5/11 12:44 am, edited 11/5/11 12:44 am - LaPorte, TX
Okay so you know 5lbs is water.Your body has to readjust from not taking water pill.So what you are looking at is really 5lb reagain, I bounce 2-4 pounds .So you are not that far off,Just do a head check just because you can eat something doesnt mean you should.I am no saint I treat myself heck I am human after all but key word treat. You know what to do so o it. Make good choices. Go back to plan you can do this.

P.,s Keep comming back this site will help you stay in check and this is not a race slow fast we can all get there

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Sadiqah
on 11/5/11 12:50 am - Portland, TX
The great thing about it is... God has women you up this morning because you are worthy!!! He has given you sense to see your short commings & sense to look for help!! I think they are right you need to call your surgeons office and get some help & drink more water and make sure your getting in your protein. I pray the very best for you. Just don't give up... You can overcome this too!
urmisnshin2
on 11/5/11 12:56 am - TX
Joanne,
I'm sorry you are feeling this way, and I am by no means an expert or a vet. But what does come to my mind are these questions? What are you grazing on? and are you grazing because you are actually hungry? What prompts the grazing, because it's there and available?  Are you planning ahead and making sure that you have snacks on hand that are more beneficial to you? And are you following up with your surgeon/NUT and asking them for advice? And have you sought therapy from someone who deals with food addictions? What kind of support system do you have available to you? If you have a support group in your area, think about joining it and getting a buddy that you can keep close contact with to help you.  Do you exercise?

HW 280  SW 260 CW 155 GW 160      

46_11tobeme
on 11/5/11 1:10 am - NJ
 Are you going to a support group? Maybe that would help to get you back on track. Also remember that this is a tool for life, not just for 6 mos. there is no time limit to get the weight off - we are all different! good luck!

BriarRose
on 11/5/11 2:17 am
For me, making changes is one small step at a time. Write down everything you eat during the day. EVERYTHING . Every sip of water, sip of coffee (cream and sugar ?) every soda every piece of candy, and every bit of raw carrot.

Then go to some thing like fitday and put in everything and really SEE what your calorie intake and carb intake is. After a few days, you can tell what you need to change ! Then change one or two things. If you are eating too many between meal unhealthy snacks, build in snack time, and plan a protein based healthy snack twice or even four times a day !!! Eat 4 or 5 small meals, plan for the "hard" times of the day.

When I find myself going off track, I have to take a step back and really SEE what I'm doing....and then make a plan to work with it.

Having the blues, and being upset with yourself is normal. IF the blues last more than a week, and you can't lift yourself up out of it, then call your primary doc, or get yourself to a mental health clinic. NOthing wrong with needing to talk to someone, or needing an anti depressant for a while while you are working yourself out of the blues.....
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
apple55
on 11/5/11 2:54 am
Stay encouraged 45 pounds is great, just rebalance and decide to get back on the wagon,it will happen for you.

BethR311
on 11/5/11 3:39 am - Fort Wayne, IN
You've been given some great advice here. You can do this! Take a deep breath. Start drinking more water, eating protein first, and track on a good tracker like MyFitnessPal. Walk! Back to basics. Good for you catching yourself up before things got too far out of hand!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
kimbethin
on 11/5/11 4:37 am - CA
I agree with the post about stopping the water pill.  When I stopped mine there was a TEMPORARY regain.  I stuck with the program and it evened out within a week or so.  Keep drinking your liquids and exercising.  Good luck.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 128 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 375 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 414 views