9 months!

Jenijeni
on 11/5/11 8:52 am
Well, I was at 9 months as of a few days ago. Missed posting that day because my dad passed away and I've been dealing with a lot of crap that went along with that. I'm down to 140 pounds and wearing a size 6... or sometimes a 4 if they're stretchy. My 25 year old just came home for my dad's funeral and I was borrowing clothes from her. Sure does feel good to know that I can wear what my 120 pound daughter wears!! Spent a day shopping with her at Forever 21 and was amazed to find that I can wear most of the styles in the store that I couldn't wear before (even a couple months ago).

My dad's death caused me to get a little out of control on the eating. I had a few pieces of Halloween candy (but not the whole bowl). I had a couple bites of cheesecake at the wake and I've had quite a few beers this week and a few mixed drinks, too. I'm back on track this weekend, though.

Off to the movies tonight!
Love to everyone!!
Jeni

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Jenny C.
on 11/5/11 9:03 am
 Hey Jeni, long time no see.  I'm so sorry about your dad.  Glad to see you so close to goal.
Take care,
Jenny

frisco
on 11/5/11 10:08 am

Sorry to hear about your dad.... I know how that goes.....

Congrats on 9 great months of WL !!!

Sharing clothes with your daughter.......Priceless !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

janielynne
on 11/5/11 10:48 am
Jeni,

So sorry to hear about your Dad.  I'm sure that it has all been very stressful for you and your family.  A little set back is totally understandable.  As the Vet that you are , you are right back on track..Great Job !!!

Great to hear about the clothes shopping...It is Soooo much more fun than ever before.

Enjoy the movies...
Have a great weekend

Jane

Lalamonkey
on 11/5/11 11:02 am - GA
Hey Jeni,

So sorry to hear about you losing yoru dad - hugs to you.  On a positive note - size freakin 4 OMG.  Way to go girl. 

Lala
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 11:26 am
So sorry to hear about your dad.  Losing a parent is always so hard.  Just this year I lost the last of the older generation in our family, now I am the oldest of all us "kids" meaning sibs and cousins.  Don't let your sadness or grief let you sabotage your diet, you are so close!  Sending warm fuzzies and peaceful prayers your way.
boomercd
on 11/5/11 3:54 pm - OH
SOOO sorry to hear about your dad, no one can blame you if you get a little off trac....

CONGRATS on the size 6 and SIZE 4....I can only hope Ill be there on day.

enjoy the movies!!!

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

Happy966
on 11/5/11 10:18 pm

So sorry to hear about your dad.  I lost my mom when I was 36 and it really threw me for a loop, including food-wise.

Let me also congratulate you!  I remember you from when I first came to the VSG board and have loved following your progress.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Crunchy As Can Be
on 11/5/11 10:55 pm - NY
Jeni, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad-- my thoughts during this rought time.

I can't even believe what an amazing feeling it must be to shop in stores like Forever 21--great job!
 ~~Emily~~

Jenijeni
on 11/6/11 12:42 am
Thanks so much, everyone!! For those still on their way to goal: You'll get there! ...and YES, it's AMAZING to shop in a "normal" store. Funny, at Forever 21 they now have a plus size section and in that plus size section they had a purple feather vest!! It was soooooo amazing... and I tried it on in the SMALLEST size they had and it was HUGE on me. First time I was ever BUMMED OUT that I wasn't an XL! LOL.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
XOXO
Jeni

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views