My feet are FREEEZING!!!

ACASHMAMA
on 11/7/11 3:43 am
Ok so I have always had hot feet.  I live in San Diego and wear flip flops year round.  I literally only own 2 pairs of socks.  I had surgery 2 weeks ago and ever since my feet have been FREEZING!!  I have been wearing socks with slippers and still feel like my toes are made of ice.  I am back at work today and had to dig up some close toed shoes, but I am sitting here feeling like my toes are going to pop off!  Is this some wierd chemical change in my body??

-Jodie

ACASHMAMA
on 11/7/11 3:44 am
and why do I have 2 tickers??  ^^^

ljbarbara
on 11/7/11 3:54 am
I live in San Diego,  and my feet are freezing too!  It's not a weird chemical change going on, it's just downright cold here for us Southern California gals! 

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

m2oore
on 11/7/11 3:54 am
 Funny how you mentioned this.  I call it "Skinny cold"...as I have lost weight I feel like I am getting colder.  Without all that blubber around me to keep me warm I am freezing instead!

For me it has only gotten worse...LOL.  I suggest invest in sweaters and no more slippers for you!

howarli
on 11/7/11 4:00 am - MD

Per my nut. she said it was normal that our extremities such as feet and hands tend to be extra extra cold.  I was wearing cloves in the house and hunting stocks last week. She said something to the extend that our bodies are adjusting to surgery and the weight loss and it will subside. 

ACASHMAMA
on 11/7/11 4:53 am
THanks everybody and YES it has been CHILLY here in SD!!
edelu
on 11/7/11 6:17 am - los angeles, CA
I'm a flip flop girl here in LA and i had to give them up for socks and slippers.   Hate it and yes most nights the socks come to bed with me. 
SkinnyJeansSoon
on 11/7/11 6:50 am
I went back to work today also and have my space heater on my feet as we speak. I am freezing! I wonder if it the lack of calories post op. Who knows but they are icy all of the time. My husband is constantly snapping at me when I touch his legs at night with my ice cold feet!

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

PluggingAlong
on 11/7/11 7:06 am
 I'm a year out and I am still freezing all the time. I am constantly turning the heat up and my husband sleeps in his tighty whities and no blanket while I'm under a down duvet and an afghan. I wear my fuzzy croks as slippers and I never wore slippers before the surgery. I think you may just have to get used to it :) Maybe when we're done losing it will get better. :)

Consult Weight-323 / SW- 312 / CW-173/ GW-155
Starting BMI: 65.2 Current BMI: 34.9

k9ophile
on 11/7/11 9:02 am
On November 7, 2011 at 3:06 PM Pacific Time, PluggingAlong wrote:
 I'm a year out and I am still freezing all the time. I am constantly turning the heat up and my husband sleeps in his tighty whities and no blanket while I'm under a down duvet and an afghan. I wear my fuzzy croks as slippers and I never wore slippers before the surgery. I think you may just have to get used to it :) Maybe when we're done losing it will get better. :)
THANK YOU!  I was at the hospital all day while my friend and co-worker got a VSG.  It's a "battle zone" in our office over the thermostat.  She usually wins because there is only so much she can take off before it becomes indecent exposure.  However, I am very tried of looking like Ralphie's little brother.  Besides which, it's hard to work when I look as puffed up as the Michelen tire mascot.  I can only hope she gets cold as her weight drops off and we can have some heat in that frozen wasteland.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views