Liquid Diet Directly to Munchies?

monicav
on 11/11/11 5:56 am - UT
Hello Everyone!

Today is my last day of my liquid diet post-op and I am feeling hungry. I DO NOT think I will be able to go on with the other liquid diet for another week. Why is it so important to do phase by phase? I tried a little bit of broccoli soup and it felt great on my stomach.

SassyItalian
on 11/11/11 6:18 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Do you mean doing from 1 week liquid clears which you have completed and are now on to 1 week liquid full liquids which you want to go directly to mushies instead of doing? Just want to clarify.

First, you really should follow the orders. You have a fresh staple line and dont want to damage anything. Especially if your doc is all the way in Mexico. Not wise! Your doc does not want you eating food yet.

Second, if what you mean is you are supposed to be going to full liquids then you should feel alot more satisfied. Full liquids include milk, protein shakes, yogurt, pudding, popsicles, and creamed soups (like cream of broc, cream of asparagus) but it must be STRAINED. It should make you feel alot better than just clear liquids. Honestly.

Hope that helps.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

tillmadd
on 11/11/11 6:19 am - WI
 Each doc is different mine doc said when i left the hospital day 3 i coud start pureed with liquid and next 2 weeks mushy then 3 weeks out regular small portions...not sure if that is common for others. I assumed I would be on clear liquid at least 7 days post -op go figure?
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

Happy966
on 11/11/11 6:49 am

You only get one chance to heal.  You have the rest of your life to eat whatever you want, but it is always better to go slow at first.  My tummy felt great from the first day after surgery, but I really was very compliant with the dietary stages.  Hang tough!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

monicav
on 11/11/11 11:54 am - UT
Thank you everyone! I am just getting frustrated with this new eating thing. But you all are right... I need to really heal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views