How much weight have you gained back

stimpy911
on 11/13/11 6:32 pm
I went into surgery in July of 2009 weighing 387.  Lowest weight I got to was 230.  Now at 2.4 months out I weigh between 250 and 260.  I find I can eat more now but if I eat the right foods I fill up quicker.  Eating junkier foods I tend to eat more of them before filling up.  Since the surgery I have met a wonderful girl and I am getting married.  However, she did not need WLS and I did so her eating habits are different than mine and I have found I tend to eat more of what she eats.  Also, I think if I drank more water and exercised I would probably get back down about 15 pounds and be happy.

Please share your stories, thoughts, concerns, etc...

katier825
on 11/13/11 6:40 pm
I've only been maintaining for 6 months, but I haven't had a problem maintaining my weight. I think the biggest reason is that I still weigh/measure my portions and track my food in MyFitnessPal. It keeps me on track. I'm far from perfect...I had a hard time staying out of the candy dish at work by the copier last week. But I do pretty good most days. Sometimes I find that if I grab a drink instead of a snack, it will hold me over between meals. If you catch it now, maybe you can lose the bit you regained. Extra fluids would help also.
frisco
on 11/13/11 7:52 pm

Hey..... Haven't seen you post in a long time...I think the last I read about you.....you had a GF....congrats on getting married!

Couple thoughts....... You know how to lose the weight....you know what the parameters are......you don't lose the kinda weight you did without knowing what's up.......

It is much harder to lose and maintain when you live with a normie.....It's just easier to merge everything including eating.

Your gonna have to realize.....you/we can't do that.....not that you have to have separate eating lives.....you just gotta get the ratios a bit more under control......In maintenance I use 3-2-1 as a rough guide 3 parts protein, 2 parts veggies, 1 part carbs......

There were some recent discussions about regain... the general consensus was that the people that have regained and than lost the weight again say,,,,It's much easier to maintain a weight than have to lose the regain.

You may want to start doing the daily weigh in at our maintenance group...check my sig for the address.

I'd say get a handle on it now before anymore regain !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

howarli
on 11/14/11 12:15 am - MD

Frisco,

you are dead on when you said "it is much harder to lose and maintain when you live with a normie"  I actually said to my husband this weekend:  "Honey, food is not a big part of my life now, I just eat for my body.    I don't eat just because its something to do"  I couldn't believe I actually said that and I really meant it.  This Saturday after we went to a play..........NSV coming, I was sitting in my seat and I didn't notice this lady coming down the aisle, she came so fast I didn't have a chance to get up, and you know what.....she was able to pass me.  Anyway, after the play we order (1)  Broil Crab Cake platter that comes with (2) crab cakes and (2) veggies. My husband also added a side of stuff mushrooms and hot wings.  I can't believe I haven't touch my crab cake yet, one stuff mushroom does the trick for me.  Today I will definitely put a dent in the crab cake for lunch and dinner. 

stimpy911
on 12/20/11 2:01 pm
On November 14, 2011 at 3:52 AM Pacific Time, frisco wrote:

Hey..... Haven't seen you post in a long time...I think the last I read about you.....you had a GF....congrats on getting married!

Couple thoughts....... You know how to lose the weight....you know what the parameters are......you don't lose the kinda weight you did without knowing what's up.......

It is much harder to lose and maintain when you live with a normie.....It's just easier to merge everything including eating.

Your gonna have to realize.....you/we can't do that.....not that you have to have separate eating lives.....you just gotta get the ratios a bit more under control......In maintenance I use 3-2-1 as a rough guide 3 parts protein, 2 parts veggies, 1 part carbs......

There were some recent discussions about regain... the general consensus was that the people that have regained and than lost the weight again say,,,,It's much easier to maintain a weight than have to lose the regain.

You may want to start doing the daily weigh in at our maintenance group...check my sig for the address.

I'd say get a handle on it now before anymore regain !

frisco

Posted

jandyjads
on 11/14/11 12:06 am - Rockland, Canada
If I am being honest with myself, I have regretably gained 35 pounds over the past year.  I notice that I am falling back into old habits of eating chips and such in the evenings.  It is discouraging but I think I better stop and take a handle now before I get in over my head again. 

Sorry, this is happening to you but it is also a wakup call for me and others as well. 

Thanks for posting.  In the end I guess we all know what we are suppose to do but don't do it until we are ready.