OT and NSV! (:

Elizabeth J.
on 11/16/11 1:44 pm
I wanted to share something that was so off-topic and then I realized that part of it was a NSV as well (: Here goes: First, I got my first job!! Second, I'm FINALLY in a size 14 jean!! 

I'll be a college freshman this coming January and with the stress of tuition and the stress of finiances period in this economy has had me searching for a job like crazy! Since I'm 17 (my birthday was yesterday!) I wanted to work somewhere "teen-friendly" so I applied at American Eagle Outfitters. Honestly, I didn't think I'd get the job because I'm still somewhat overweight, but I applied anyway. Well, I got the job!! When I went in for work orientation, part of our orientation was to try on every. single. style of their jeans and model them for everyone else. In stores, their jeans run up to a size 14, but a size 18 online. I've never worn AE 's clothing before, so I was rather skeptical of trying on their jeans for the first time to model for my fellow co-workers. I pulled off a size 14 from the rack, went to the dressing room, expecting the button to pop off and THEY FIT! Guys, I can't even remember the last time I was a size 14. I was so freakin' happy and for the first time, I actually felt... accomplished (: 

Needless to say, with my employee discount, I am the proud owner of every pair of AE jeans imaginable!

If you've got a similar NSV or just a story you'd like to share.. leave it as a comment below. I'd love to hear them all!

(:
-Elizabeth
P.S... 10 more lbs til I reach onederland!!! (:

HW:324/SW:301/CW:210/LBS LOST:114

Sadiqah
on 11/16/11 1:50 pm - Portland, TX
I can only imagine how good you were feeling... Way to go stay focused & get to your goal!!
kimbethin
on 11/16/11 2:04 pm - CA
Wow!  Great success under pressure.  Congratulations!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
LosingLZ
on 11/16/11 7:32 pm
Congratulations on your great success! What a great birthday present you have been able to give yourself!
Good luck with college and your very bright future!

Marie M.
on 11/16/11 8:18 pm - PA
Fantastic!!  Congrats!! 

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

George B.
on 11/17/11 12:18 am - Miami, FL
Congratulations!!!!

A word of caution though, don't buy too many size 14 jeans. You're still losing weight and those 14's are going to be too big for you in a short time.

Elizabeth J.
on 11/19/11 12:05 pm
Thank you all (:
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views