Scale

MsBabzi
on 11/18/11 3:50 am - Norwalk, CT
Hey peeps... I am new here.  Had my surgery on 10/20/11.  Just starting on real foods.  THANK GOD!!!

Anyway... Have a question... do you all weigh yourselves every day?  I don't want to weigh myself anywhere but my doctors office.  I'd like to be consistant with the actual weight lost.  Does that make me weird?

Everyone keeps asking how I'm doing and I have no answer as to pounds lost cause I don't go back to the doctors until the 23rd.

Am I a freak?  And you all are so nice and kind to each other.  Thanks for the smiles and answers to A LOT of questions and for allowing me to follow you all. 

tillmadd
on 11/18/11 3:57 am - WI
 I had the same plan...sleeved  11/7 then weighed in the first time on Wed 11/16 and will weight at NUT next week wed. so i think I will stay with every Wed to stay accountable...but if you weigh more often you may get obsessive yikes!!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

LaToya S.
on 11/18/11 4:22 am - Edwardsville, IL
I am going to weigh weekly for recording purposes but actually measure my success by what my doctor's office reports. Weighing in daily is not a good thing because weight does fluctuate
(Hey that rhymed) :-)

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

TexasProud
on 11/18/11 4:39 am - Frisco, TX
I plan on weighing once a week. Too many ups and down from day to day... for many reasons ( body still healing, time of month, water consumption, salt intake....). It's too frustrating and can become a head game!!

Faithful4me
on 11/18/11 4:53 am - Southfield, MI
yes I too weigh once a week, refuse to purchase a scal just so i dont become obessesed with the scale!! Sleeved 10/19

calired67
on 11/18/11 7:10 am - Redlands, CA
I am still too big to get on a regular scale so I go to the Drs office to weigh in. I only do it once a week. It would drive me nuts to get on a scale everyday. What if you didn't lose any weight that day? But it is definitely an individual decision.
  HW:475 SW:433 CW: 375 

BJUpNorth
on 11/18/11 7:13 am - MN
Everyone seems to do weigh in differently. Some on here weigh EVERY day, others only at their surgeons office and others, once a week at home.

I guess, I fall in a couple of the groups. Sometimes I would be good and weigh once a week and other times I would weigh every day. Whatever you choose, just don't let it rule your life. There will be days you love the scale and days that you hate it. Our weight fluctuates a lot for many different reasons.

One thing that really helps it to measure yourself. Then check those regularly too. You will be amazed!

Good luck with your surgeries, however you want to weigh. You are all gonna LOVE your sleeves. I know I do!!!

Brenda

soon2b20
on 11/18/11 9:24 am - NJ
Not to mention the inevitable stalls that everyone talks about.  No sense in getting freaked out about those because they too shall pass.  This is a great forum.   I don't think I would survive without my sleeve peeps.
Crystal M.
on 11/18/11 11:18 am - El Paso, TX
I weigh myself every day, first thing in the morning, after peeing. Same scale, same clothing, same time of day. Consistancy. :-)  I usually stay the same for several days, then drop one pound. I thought it would go more in steps, like most people seem to do, but for me it's been steady. And other than the infamous three-week-stall, I haven't had any stalls.

The problem with weighing only at my doctor's office is that I see him
irregularly. I had my surgery 2.5 months ago but I've had only two doctor appointments since then. Also, one day I'll be in shorts & a t-shirt and the next day I'll be in jeans & a sweater. And the variation in the time of day can make a difference of a few pounds.

I find myself looking forward to getting out of bed each morning to see if today is the day that I'm going to be down another pound.

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views