Victories all around me - Only 5 weeks post op!!

ready2Bhealthy2
on 11/26/11 4:54 am
I am only 5 weeks post op and my life is already changing.  I started this journey at 286lbs with a BMI of 46.16 - Morbid Obesity (I'm 5'6'').  Today I weighed in at 244.4 (17lbs lost preop) with a BMI of 39.44.....(DRUM ROLL PLEASE)...I am Obese!  Still not great I know, but a heck of a lot better already! 

I went Black Friday shopping last year with my GF (best friend) and we went to NY&Co.  I bought jewlery while she shopped because that's all I could fit.  I vowed last year that I would shop at NY&Co. by this Black Friday...and I DID!  I bought my first pair of pants from a "NORMAL" store.  I'm so psyched.  I don't see the changes when I look in the mirror, but I see them in my clothes.  I worry constantly that I'm messing up because I don't get enough protein in, but I'm taking this one day at a time and trying not to compare to others.  I look forward to this time next year when I can post my one year post op success story! 

Cheers to my first SV and NSV! 

BTW someone posted recently asking what we wanted to do in 2012 with the new us...here's my list:

Wear Knee high boots (not wide calf)
Mountain Biking
Sky dive
Rock Climb
Wear a bathing suit
Complete a Warrior Dash
Complete the Turkey Trott
And just love life! 
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 5:37 am - GA
Great post and congratulations on your success! My surgery is scheduled on Dec 8th. My birthday is Dec 12th and my Mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I told her a gift card from NY and Company! I knew it would be a great motivator for me plus I love that store!
ready2Bhealthy2
on 11/26/11 5:49 am
Thanks.  Congrats on your surgery date.  Yes NY&Co. is a huge motivator!  Good luck!
ducie77
on 11/26/11 7:16 am - TX
Congrats! Your birthday is my surgery day! So happy early B-Day to you and happy new life for me! Yay
Trust And Believe That God Never Fails!        
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views