Is the honeymoon over?

momsy55
on 11/27/11 11:24 am - ME

I've been noticing over the past few days, that, even though I'm basically following my plan, it's a little frayed around the edges.  A tiny liberty here, a tiny liberty there, can spell big trouble for me.  Up until now, it's been pretty much a breeze for me.  The past 2-3 days, with the holidays and all of the cooking I've been doing of foods that are not normally what I eat, I've found myself looking at and smelling some foods that aren't ok for me, and feeling a little bit of the old longing creeping in.  I wanted to avoid posting or even logging on to this forum today - a sure sign that I need to be here, and I need to be honest.  I know, from years of experience that, if I avoid/ignore, sooner or later I'll be back to my old tricks.  I didn't go through all I've been through, and all I've accomplished to go backwards.  This forum is a lifeline for me - where others understand the struggles and the joys in the quest toward weightloss and health.  Avoiding and ignoring the place that helps me continue in the right direction on this quest, is pure and utter lunacy.  Thanks to all of you for being here.  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

MyOwnSunshine
on 11/27/11 12:15 pm
I'm there, too.  I gave myself a little leeway from Thanksgiving until today.  Tomorrow I'm tightening things back up until the week before Christmas, when I'll allow myself a few homemade treats, and then the day after Christmas I'm staying strict until goal.

I love the holidays and haven't gone overboard by any means, but a few bites or pieces of things that I haven't allowed since surgery have crept in.  I'm noticing a bit more head hunger, too.

I've been back in line today, and have no problem eliminating the crap, because most of it doesn't taste as good as I thought, and doesn't sit well in my sleeve anyway.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
momsy55
on 11/27/11 12:19 pm - ME
I think, for me, recognizing what's going on and being honest about it will help me do what I need to do.  Good luck to you too!

SassyItalian
on 11/27/11 12:59 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Some people can go back to eating a normal array of foods..and some MUST avoid foods that trigger their bad eating behaviors..

If we were carb/sweet/fast food addicts sometimes we have to avoid those because eating them makes us crave them more.

Its such a learning process and im sure never ends! Glad you find support here.

And as Elina says, she refuses to be an ostrich with her head stuck in the sand. Being aware of your issues and staying accountable here can really help us stay on track. Ignoring them can make it snowball.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

momsy55
on 11/27/11 11:29 pm - ME
Elina (and you too!) is a very wise person.  When she posts, I listen to what she has to say!

vacationlover
on 11/27/11 10:14 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 157 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 448 views