This paragraph brought me to tears...

MaRi-2point0
on 11/28/11 4:55 am - NY
I am not sure if everybody has read her blog but I came across her page just last week on this forum, I have my date (12/12/11) and although its been a six months insurance process I have never felt so sure about my decision until I read this on her blog. I wanted to write a post describing all the anguish I have felt because of my weight to share with you all but to also remind myself in the future where I was mentally before surgery. After reading this ,my decision to go through with WLS couldn't be any clearer. She basically summed up what I have been feeling and fearing. Now I am so ready to begin this journey, please have a read below.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/p/my-story.html

Was I afraid of having weight loss surgery? Sure but I chose a Surgeon I had faith in and I let the expert do his thing. I also made peace with the fact that I could die. I just figured I was a ticking time bomb that was eventually going to die from one of the many co-morbidities I had and frankly even when I was living fat I was "dead" because I wasn't making the most of my time on earth. I was trapped. So I made peace with the fact that if God wanted to take me he would and that was that. I'd rather die fighting for life then passively kill myself which is what I was doing... committing suicide by knife and fork. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
dittodotv
on 11/28/11 5:14 am
oh, that is EXCELLENT, and I needed to "hear" it or read it since my surgery is in 2 days! It puts into words exactly how I feel also. Thank you for sharing!

Best wishes to you for your upcoming surgery!!

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

cracsgrl
on 11/28/11 7:05 am
dittodotv
on 11/28/11 9:41 am
Yep!! So nervous & excited all rolled into one, but feeling SO MUCH better than last week!!! 

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

MaRi-2point0
on 11/28/11 5:23 am - NY
You are very welcome! and good luck !!! The best xmas gift for ourselves if you ask me 
ducie77
on 11/28/11 5:25 am - TX
 Thank you for sharing this! I need to hear this! Although I am excited about having surgery, part of me was wondering if I would be making the wrong decision. But after reading this, if I dont do it I will be cheating my kids out of a mother, my husband out of a wife, and my friends and family with a fight.  I believe that if God wants us to join Him in his kingdom He will make it happen regardless. But I know that I have work to do for Him and being weighed down by my weight isnt getting the job done. God bless you for your obedience to share that info. Thanks
Trust And Believe That God Never Fails!        
MaRi-2point0
on 11/28/11 5:29 am - NY
"committing suicide by knife and fork"......those words truly blew me away. So powerful I simply had to pay it forward and share, I am glad to help and I will be forever grateful to this site which led me to her story.
mboone
on 11/28/11 5:35 am
VSG with
That was very moving. What a great inspiration. Thank you.
Toni25705
on 11/28/11 5:53 am - WV
What a great blog and inspiration! Thank you for sharing - I've added to my bookmarked pages!

apple55
on 11/28/11 8:02 am
What a great blog OMG how very true, and I am glad that I made the decision to get on that table now having it behind me times one month ago is the biggest accomplishment ever.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views