so this is what full feels like

smcinmiami
on 11/30/11 2:07 am - FL
 and it does NOT feel good.  Day one of mushies.  This morning was great, scrambled 1 egg with a little bit of cheese, couldn't eat the whole thing.  For lunch, did 2 oz of fat-free refried beans with cheese.  Once again, couldn't fini**** but now, almost an hour later, I feel like the food is backed up all the way into my throat!  Not to mention the little gifts that come up every time I burp!!!  At the time I was eating, it didn't feel back, but now....yowsa.  

I ate too fast, didn't I?

Sarah

kimberleyann
on 11/30/11 2:10 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
my full signal is hiccups. I quit eating as soon as they start.
Crystal M.
on 11/30/11 2:14 am - El Paso, TX
I also get the hiccups when I'm full. But unfortunately, it's after I've had too much.
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Crystal M.
on 11/30/11 2:12 am - El Paso, TX
Sounds like it, Sarah. You probably ate too fast to know when you were full. I did the same thing last night, but  at nearly 3 months out, I have no excuse.

Slow down. Take smaller bites, and wait about a minute between bites. Stop at the first sign of fullness.

Now, if I can just take my own advice...

It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

NIQAABI
on 11/30/11 2:14 am
I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER ...I START PUREED ON SATURDAY AND I AM SO SCARED...

MyOwnSunshine
on 11/30/11 2:42 am
It takes your stomach a while to get comfortable with food again.  It is still traumatized and healing.

That being said, the best advice is to stop eating 2 or 3 bites before "full."  It is definitely easier said than done when something tastes really good, but it's the best way to keep from being miserable. 

As you progress, you'll learn to listen to your sleeve signals and avoid the misery that comes with that "one more bite."  It's definitely a learning process, but once you learn your sleeve, you will love it!
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
smcinmiami
on 11/30/11 3:28 am - FL
 Thanks all - lets hope I figure out my signal soon!  Even with the uncomfortably full feeling, it feels great to be off the liquids and on to the semi-solids!  I actually feel loads better now, just took about 90 minutes.  

BariBariHappy
on 11/30/11 4:31 am - MI
Just eat slowly and chew your food. I too get the hiccups and I also sneeze when I'm full. I don't like the pressure in my chest so I'm learning that all these signals mean STOP. I weigh and measure all my food so this doesn't happen often...but if I eat too fast and not pay attention....I get it. Give it time...you'll learn! Best of Luck! S
   HW: 291 • SW: 260 • CW: 196 • GW: 145            

mandyc1975
on 11/30/11 6:54 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
you'll get the hang of it. chew a gas x, it may help
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 451 views