Sleep Sleep Sleep

coralnichols
on 12/4/11 1:51 am - NC
Thank you guys for the helpful information, I am much better today than yesturday. yesturday was nothing nut sipping liquids and sleeping. I did wake up last night thinking I felt better and today my goal is to just sip on a protein shake all day and try to get some protien in my diet. Does anyone have any idea about the sleeping... it seems that I wanna do is walk an sleep.. I went to bed at 8:00pm est time and sleep off and on until 8:30 est time. I have been nodding out all day. Is this normal? How long does it last?
Ms. Poker Face
on 12/4/11 1:56 am
Being sleepy is pretty normal for the first week or two.  For some people, it lasts longer.  Your body is healing and sleep helps it accomplish that.

Keep up the mantra: sip, walk, rest, repeat!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 1:57 am
You are healing. After my gall bladder removal surgery I slept on and off around the clock for three days. Then, pow, I was back to a normal sleep routine and up doing normal activity (without lifting of course). Sleep is good and is your healing friend! I slept easily 12-16 hours the first day after gall bladder surgery.
coralnichols
on 12/4/11 2:00 am - NC
Thanks guys, I alteast feel normal.. I want to be up doing things but keep nodding off... I was thinking of going back to work on tuesday but I think I might try for wednesday. I think I am off for a nap. Hey is pudding considered a liquid? yogurt smoothies? As of right now my stomach cannot tolerate anything other than water and little sips of a protien shake. And the smell and look of food makes me sick..... or wanna get sick...
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 2:07 am
SF pudding and yogurt are on my full liquids list. No fruit in the yogurt smoothy though according to my doc. Just can thin the yogurt out with juice, water, or milk. I use Torani SF syrups in my Greek Yogurt. Thins it out and makes it taste really good! I only like the fruit flavors in the yogurt. I tried the caramel, latte, vanilla bean flavors but didn't like them in yogurt. Gave them to a friend who uses them in her coffee.
scorp2413
on 12/4/11 1:58 am - orchard park, NY
The first week and a half all I did was walk and sleep. The next week and a half I napped in the afternoon. This week was my first week back to work and I couldn't wait to go to bed. It is getting better everyday. It is all part of healing so listen to your body!

Krazydoglady
on 12/4/11 2:05 am - FL
Sleep is good. Sip, walk, sleep, repeat :)  Even after you get over the initial post-op fatigue. Don't forget to sleep. It is very important. You need 7-8 hours a night during weight loss.  Skimping on sleep will slow your weightloss. Sleep is very important in terms of fat metabolism. Here's an interesting article on the subject:

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/topic/37-nutrition-lifestyle. aspx

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views