Singing: It's the final countdown....

MaRi-2point0
on 12/5/11 5:03 am - NY
I went into the hospital today for my pre-op exams and got my surgery time 11am but I have to be there at 9am. So I didn't do well with the pre op diet and I have forced myself into a liquid diet because surgery is a week from today. I couldn't control myself these last weeks, I had family visiting so of course we had to go to all the best restaurants in NYC, then at work we had a surprise audit. These events were not conducive to my diet AT ALL. So I started on liquids yesterday and now all I can think about is all the food I can't eat anymore. The thoughts keep coming at me randonmly and they hit me like a ton of bricks, I can't even sleep well with all the anxiety. I swear this is the classic self sabotage I have always done to myself but hopefully VSG will help me end this vicious cycle. 

My close friend had VSG 5 months ago and she keeps assuring me that month one will take away all the anxiety I am feeling but to prepare myself because after the third month the hunger starts to creep back. 

It's really hard for me to accept this is actually happening, I keep imagining something terrible will happen that will prevent me from getting the surgery. As if I don't deserve it or something.....anyways aside from all the above I am trying to be as positive as I can! I will probably freak out next Monday but I deserve this opportunity to change my life and I can't wait to reap all the benefits of being a happy and healthy person.

VeronicaJ5
on 12/5/11 6:07 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
im getting those presurgery jitters too! im freaking alot but i take anxitey meds so its only showing a little LOL! good luck !
MaRi-2point0
on 12/5/11 6:14 am - NY
 What state are you in?? I could use them!! lol :) It seemed a world away when I started this process six months ago and it arrived wayyyyyyyyyy quicker.
VeronicaJ5
on 12/5/11 6:24 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
im in new york also i live in albany
MaRi-2point0
on 12/5/11 6:51 am - NY
 Oh ok too far lol best wishes to you, write me after surgery :)
ducie77
on 12/5/11 7:07 am - TX
 Hey yall! I feeling those jitters as well! The good thing is I don't have to do the 2 week pre-op only 48 hours before surgery clear liquids! I think that's going to be hard enough lol!

I am so happy for you all! Let's keep each other posted since we are sleeve sisters!

PS. The anxiety meds sound good to me., I got some xanex from the doctor already!

Trust And Believe That God Never Fails!        
MaRi-2point0
on 12/5/11 7:12 am - NY
 I am requesting you now, so cool "sleeve sisters"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views