Sinus issues = can't eat?

Fangirl_says
on 12/6/11 12:20 am - NC

For the past week and a half, I've been having minor issues with my sinuses. For the same length of time, my stomach capacity has seemed to be about half of what it normally is. Are the two related? Do I need to call the surgeon's office? Or my regular doctor's office? Or just wait it out? I don't feel sick at all other than occasional coughing. And other than a little nausea and only being able to get down 2 or 3 small bites at meals, I feel fine. My liquids consumption is slightly lessened but not what I would consider dangerous. I'm adding protein wherever possible, but my grams of protein are down considerably. I do take a multivitamin and vitamin D supplements.

I'd appreciate any opinions!

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/11 1:00 am - LA
I am having problems with my sinuses draining right now as well.  I am wondering if the drainage is taking up the room in my little tummy???  2-3 baby bites and i am full.  I in the same boat.  I hope they clear up soon.  Momma needs some rest!!
tripmom02
on 12/6/11 1:04 am - NJ
 I used to have this problem with my band, the post nasal drip used to mess me up every allergy season. So far it has not been an issue with my sleeve, but I know it CAN happen.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

LeahBea
on 12/6/11 1:06 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
I know for me that ANY kind of sinus drainage = me not being able to eat normally (normal for me). Usually for me my sleeve will fill with drainage so until the drainage passes through I can't eat and if I can it's even less than I normally eat.

I take allergy meds year round for this reason. And anytime I am sick I contact my PCP to discuss options to prevent any drainage.

Hope you feel better soon!

Leah

AMGent
on 12/6/11 9:26 am

I almost cried when reading your post cause i have been battling sinus issues since about 2 months ago (1 month post op) its awful! ive tried cold meds but the drainage makes me puke alot (which i know is bad) then i switched to clariten and that has helped alot. Thanks for asking the question i felt dumb asking.

LOVING life as a LOSER!! 

Fangirl_says
on 12/6/11 9:38 am - NC
Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one this happens to! I'll be checking into some kinda allergy something and see if that helps. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views