This is really happening WOW

MaRi-2point0
on 12/7/11 6:39 am - NY
I found out my insurance approved me for VSG and I am scheduled for surgery on Monday 12/12/11. Somehow throughout this whole process I thought something would happen to stop this from happening. I have dreamed all these scenarios, what if I get into an accident, what if I lose my job and lose my ins benefits? I guess since this surgery is the light at the end of the tunnel for me it seems so surreal that I am actually getting the opportunity to do it.

l see so many stories of people being denied or having to save up $ and go out of the country to get it done and here I am everything has gone so smooth I can't believe it. I have had a rough couple of years and when things always go wrong its hard to imagine them going right. I jumping on the positive bandwagon and hope everything goes in that direction!
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 6:52 am
I totally understand. I'm scheduled for Monday too but I just KNOW something is going to stop it from happening. I gained 2 pounds and I'm thinking that's going to stop it. My preop is tomorrow and I'm thinking something bad is going to happen there. I just KNOW something is going to show on my labs! UGH! :( This sucks! I guess I STILL can't believe it's still going to happen!!!!

Watch us, we're gonna be skinny girls! 
MaRi-2point0
on 12/7/11 7:05 am - NY
 I am so glad to know I am not the only one! I have been driving myself INSANE with all these crazy thoughts. I am already worrying about after the surgery, am I gonna fail??? I am filled with so much anxiety I am having trouble sleeping, I swear by the time I get to the hospital I am gonna be glad to have that anesthesia lol.
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 8:49 am
I am beyond scared I'm going to fail... especially since I just worked my butt off for 2 1/2 weeks and GAINED. I am terrified that I'll be working hard WITH the sleeve and nothing will happen, like I've broken my body beyond repair or like I'll do it all wrong. I'm going to be messaging you asking you what you're doing right!!!
MaRi-2point0
on 12/7/11 9:39 am - NY
 We have to turn that thinking around!! People I have questioned me about my decision to have surgery and I told them this....

If you were to play the lotto and know that you would have an AMAZING chance to win, wouldn't you play? I could squander away all the money or I could also invest my money wisely and be very successful. You don't know what will happen until you play.

My worst fears: I don't lose enough weight or lose then gain it back

I think to myself if that happens, even if I lost 50 pounds its a helluva lot better than what I got going on right now. I haven't been successful on keeping the weight off and I wasn't doing anything about it to lose it either. 

Truth is we don't know what the end result will be but there is a huge chance we will be successful and probably learn a lot about ourselves in the end!
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 9:55 am
I agree girl. Don't listen to my craziness! I was SUPER positive until 2 days ago! I need to get my mind right and stop letting this fear get the best of me!
MaRi-2point0
on 12/7/11 9:59 am - NY
 lol girl me too, I get all anxious but to be honest I feel like I am wearing a fat suit and cant wait to take it off! I keep telling myself  that if I was on the outside looking in another person would jump in my shoes in a hot minute hahaha.
CheriD
on 12/7/11 6:56 am
Congrats!  I know when I finally got the approval (I was denied three times) it was a shock.  Plus after all the months of waiting once you get approval they schedule within a week or two...it's surreal!  Stay positive, this will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself!

MaRi-2point0
on 12/7/11 7:17 am - NY
 I am trying thanks 
frenchgrapes
on 12/7/11 7:01 am - TX
Congratulations!

Don't worry so much. I know that is easier said than done but it is going to be okay. I was one of those waiting for the other shoe to drop, too, and now here I am three days past surgery and waiting for all the gas and excess fluids to pass out of me so I can get a more accurate weigh in.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views