It's Almost Time!!!!

ducie77
on 12/7/11 6:53 am - TX
 I went for my pre-op appointment today and it went perfect! I am scheduled to be at the hospital at 7:30 am on Monday! Oooohwee this becoming even more real! My doctors says he use a tight 38 bougie(dont know if spelled right) but I am content with that! I trust my surgeon and most of all I am trusting God to bring me through this surgery successfully!

Trust And Believe That God Never Fails!        
grdn_grl
on 12/7/11 7:27 am
I know what you mean about it becoming real!!! I go a week after you on Dec. 19 - it's kind of unnerving to say the least!! My surgeon uses a 32 F bougie which is very tight . . . are you on a pre-op diet or anything?

Wendy
ducie77
on 12/7/11 7:33 am - TX
 No he dont require nothing but a 48 hour liquid diet....so happy about that! LOL!

What about you? Are you on a pre op diet?

He also informed me that I will only be in the hospital for 24 hours as long as I am tolerating everything well! And he will do two leak test: 1 immediately after surgery then one the morning after to make sure all is well.
Trust And Believe That God Never Fails!        
grdn_grl
on 12/7/11 7:41 am
Not a liquid pre-op but he wants his patients to lose a little weight before surgery so the stomach wall will be thinner and also the liver won't be fatty.  Then protein drinks the day before and of course nothing after midnight - glad I'm the first surgery of the day on the 19th!!!

I'm traveling three hours to the hospital so I may be there for two days, like you it just depends on how I do with liquids and the pain management.

It seems like it was a long time to the surgery date when it was scheduled but it has passed quickly, feel like I need to pack but it's probably a little early for that!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views