So once you start nearing goal...

LaughingCow
on 12/8/11 11:29 pm - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
Do you take down all the photos of you in your house from when you were heavy?  Do you take pre-op photos off FB? 

Ten, twenty, thirty years from now, will people who have met you while you're thin know that you were heavy previously b/c they've seen photos?
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Kelley D.
on 12/8/11 11:35 pm
I will leave mine up, I am proud of where I have come from and will not erase years of happy family moments just because I was 300 lbs in the pictures. As a matter of fact I have a 300 lb family pic and a 230 lb pic of me on my mantle. lol not consciously just never thought about it. New people in my life may see them and ask or just wonder, but all my loved ones know my journey and have been with me thru it.

Height: 5'8"  Start weight:316 My goal: 190 Surgeons goal:175. reached my goal... 3years out, had some bounce back time to get back on track!

vacationlover
on 12/8/11 11:45 pm
George B.
on 12/8/11 11:49 pm - Miami, FL
I took  mine down.

It's been more than two years since my surgery and recently my 4 year old didn't recognize me in the photos from when I was obese. Also, there are new people in my life who didn't know me when I was obese and I don't feel like getting into the weight loss conversation with everyone who comes over to my home.

I look better now and want to celebrate my success. The obese pictures are in a drawer somewhere.

BriarRose
on 12/9/11 12:01 am
Depends on the picture. Those I cannot "recreate" are and will be up -- My mom and younger brother are both gone now, and those precious memories of days spent together do not bother me in the least. We grow, we become, change, age, and have wrinkles and lumps and bumps that show the ravages of time....at 55 years old I cherish each stage of life. This is mine now. I DO need to start taking some new pictures with family and friends to commerate this new me, though....
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
stephany48463
on 12/9/11 12:13 am
I didn't have that many photos as i tended to hide from the camera. i haven't taken any down though. i think its good to remember where i was so i don't let it happen again.
45 lbs lost pre op
first goal 199 reached 2-3-11
second goal 175 reached 6-1-11              
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/11 1:26 am
No, being an overweight person is part of who I am, or was.  It instills me with accomplishment and triumph over what was and what is.  

If I am alive in 10, 20, or 30 years I will just be happy that I made it that long.  I doubt very much that I will care what people thought of me when I was overweight.  It's part of what makes me who I am.
Ms. Poker Face
on 12/9/11 1:31 am
I'm keeping them all and am going to leave them up unless/until a normal life event causes me to update them (i.e. family picture).

I loved life, even when I was larger.  I was just as important, fun, cute, funny, smart then as I am now.  My weight did not and does not define me.  I'm not ashamed of my old self.  I just feel better and am healthier now.

To each their own!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views