GETTING FRUSTRATED

ducie77
on 12/11/11 11:34 am - TX
 OK MY DAUGHTER JUST CAME HOME FROM CHURCH. ONE OF MY CHURCH FAMILY DAUGHTER JUST HAD WLS (I BELIEVE SHE HAD GB) AND NOW IS IN THE HOSPITAL AND THEY CANT GET HER BLOOD PRESSURE DOWN AND SHE IS HAVING SOME TYPE OF COMPLICATIONS AND NOW THEY ARE ALL SCARED FOR ME! WHAT HAPPENED TO TRUSTING AND BELIEVING THAT GOD IS ABLE TO SEE US THRU ALL THINGS EVEN THIS. I AM DOING THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFE NOT JUST TO SAY HEY I LOST WEIGHT. HELP ME CAUSE THE FRUSTRATION IS ALMOST MAKING ME HAVE SECOND GUESSES ABOUT DOING SEEMINGLY THAT I WONT HAVE NO SUPPORT!
Trust And Believe That God Never Fails!        
thinwithinme
on 12/11/11 11:40 am
 it's natural for people to make associations based on current experiences.  BUT, in the end you are very different from the other person.....  Your experiences will be different.  More importantly, if you feel that you've made the right choice for you - follow that.  God will take care of you.

Regarding your concern for lack of support, i've found that people who love me will always be there.  While they may be nervous and try to talk you out of it....  If you stick to your guns, they will be there to cheer you on and pray for you!  :)

Keep the faith.  Remember, God has not given you the spirit of fear but of power and a peaceful mind.  :)

Keep the faith.

"Success is not Final.  Failure is not Fatal."

H. Wt: 350  Goal Wt: 155  Lifetime Range:  155 - 160              

LaToya S.
on 12/11/11 11:42 am - Edwardsville, IL
I think they are genuinely concerned for you and once the church family member is better and back on track thier opinion will change. If they keep at you, remind them that NOT eveyone has the same reaction and that you had different surgeries.
I pray that the church family member gets better soon.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

pedirn06
on 12/11/11 11:44 am
VSG on 01/26/12
I know 4 current or previous church family members who have had WLS.  The most recent one has been in and out of the hospital since surgery and looks like death warmed over. Of the 3 remaining- one has regained all/almost all of presurgery weight and the other 2 have moved away. (all had GB).  For this reason, I have told only my immediate family and left it at that.  Even at that, my mom is very worried and not supportive of the idea.  Hubby is on board, but both of my girls are not.  For this reason, I don't discuss it with my girls (ages 17 and 21) very often. As far as my mom, we have not discussed it since I told her I was "considering" it.  My MD office filed on insurance last week....so just waiting. People are well-meaning; but, they sometimes do more harm than good.  Hang in there.
SassyItalian
on 12/11/11 11:45 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
If it can give you any comfort I will tell you, most of us had family and friends try and talk us out of having surgery. Many of us had well meaning people tell us the horror stories of bariatric surgery. And many of us freaked out in the days and weeks before surgery because our surgery dates were approaching.

And yes, there can be complications. Its not common, but it can happen. But one thing that is certain is morbid obesity will shorten your life. Period. Non-negotiable. That is a definite. So you can take the small risk and gain a huge reward. And this is what we have all chosen to do.

Feel strong in the fact that you have done the research, weighed the risks, and made an educated decision to improve your life (which I hope you have done when chosing to have surgery). You are the one who has to feel ok with doing this, and as long as you are confident then you can stand firm in your decision.

If faith brings you comfort, lean on that to get through this hard time. VSG has given many of us back our quality of life, which is something that is priceless.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

SassyItalian
on 12/11/11 11:47 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
P.S. I'm guessing you are having the pre-op jitters with surgery coming tomorrow! Completely NORMAL!!!
ducie77
on 12/11/11 12:07 pm - TX
 Thanks to all of you!!!!! I really love you guys/gals! 

Yes I am getting preop jitters and along with the negativity its not helping none!

I know that they are worried about me and genuinely concerned but I need them to know that I believe God has allowed me to get this far on purpose for purpose and that He will be with me. 
I guess I dont want no one to be afraid for me! 
Trust And Believe That God Never Fails!        
aaronlampi
on 12/11/11 10:05 pm - MN
good luck with surgery,I can tell you it was the best thing I have done and won't look back..there are risks any time you have surgery,with that being said there's risk in driving or anything else we do in any given day.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views