starting protein shakes and full liquids

megan L.
on 12/16/11 8:53 am - NJ
other than protein shakes w milk what else can i havE?
never thought to look into it cuz i thought i wouldnt get bored with protein shakes but i am desperate for something new.

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/11 8:57 am
docs are diff with what they allow for their full liquids but this is a list that i gathered when I was preparing...

creamed soups, cottage cheese, cream of wheat/grits, SF/FF pudding, applesauce

also

SF Pudding powder in the plain Greek yogurt for flavoring. I put about 3 teaspoons into the plain greek yogurt and add a little milk because the yogurt gets really thick once you add the pudding mix.

dittodotv
on 12/16/11 12:24 pm
Your doctor/office definitely should have given you a more thorough definition and timeline of when you can have certain things... my doc's definition of full liquids is anything that can fit thru a coffee-stirrer straw, in other words, that would not include puddings, yogurts, etc. I have drunk Powerade Zero, Propel Zero (both have to be diluted with water), protein shakes, chicken broth, french onion broth, beef broth, and very thinned and strained cream soups (I strain them twice and thin with ff milk). I am on Day 16 and just now preparing to move to puddings/yogurts/purees...I want my sleeve to heal nicely, no leaks (even no leaks in hospital) don't want to jeopardize the healing process.

Hope this helps.

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 434 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views