Panic attacks?

O.kay
on 12/15/11 10:01 pm - DFW, TX
I am set for surgery on 12/28, and have such a whirlwind of emotions, as I'm sure everyone does.  But today I am noticing the anxiety / heart racing sillyness kicking in, that feels like I've got a panic attack coming on.  I used to have these 10 years or so ago, and I'm afraid I am heading back to this.  It is just such a huge change!  Anyone else get anxiety attacks going in to this?

I've had 3 c-sections so I *think* my anxiety is less about the surgery and more about the massive (though wonderful) changes that will result from getting this done!

TIA,
Mel
Vivian Prouty
on 12/15/11 11:14 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Congratulations on your surgery date.    First off try to calm down and don't get too upset about the surgery.    Don't worry about the changes coming your way.....they won't be nearly as bad as you are thinking they will be.     Remember you are doing this for YOU and your family so you can live a long and healthy life.    Just try to relax and take things one day at a time.   If you are a believer in prayer....pray and ask God to remove those fears of the unknown for complete and total peace.   I did that and he did it for me and I know he will do that for you also.     Peace to you my friend and hope those panic attacks soon leave you.    Good luck on the 28th....what a way to start a New Year with a NEW YOU !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

pixel8me
on 12/15/11 11:48 pm
Mel - we are surgery buddies!! What time do you go in? I keep thinking about the life changes and sometimes I get a little emotional - but it's normal - we are about to go through some major changes in our life!

But you know what I do - stop myself from thinking that far ahead and deal with today only :) easier said then done I know - but you can't stress yourself out over tomorrow!!

Amy

lauriegirl143
on 12/16/11 12:45 am
hello! my surgery date is set for dec. 20th so i know exactly how you feel!  i have been going through a lot of emotions from crying, sentimental, happiness to downright giddyness. there are big changes coming our way my friend!  as your date get closer you will go intothe hospital and speak with the anesthesiologist. i did this on monday and he eleviated MANY of my fears. i am still nervous and scared but much more confident that things will go good.  take some deep breaths when you feel panic coming on, it will pass. it is totally normal to feel all the emotions we are feeling. good luck to you. godspeed.
mendez2011
on 12/16/11 2:30 am - CA
Hello! The wirlwind of emotions are very normal. I started doing what you were this past Monday, my surgery is this coming Monday. It lasted probably monday, Tuesday and wednesday, then yesterday it calmed down. Once we realize the date is set and we are really doing this, I think it really kicks in. Hopefully yours subsides like mine did. i think Sunday they will probably kick into "high" gear. LOL..
good luck on your surgery and hope to hear more from you!
Hugs,
rhonda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 150 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 424 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 443 views