Photos from the 10K and some others........

msulme
on 12/18/11 10:42 pm - KY
I posted on here before Thanksgiving that I was going to run the 10K(6.2 miles) Thanksgiving Day Race in Cincinnati.  I ran a little over 13min per mile and that was even with a bad knee!  I felt amazing.  I wasn't out of breath, I wasn't struggling, I was just mad that my knee hurt cause I know I could have done better.  Here's a picture from the race and the other two are just for fun because I got these new sweaters and wore skinny jeans and boots with them.  Oh, how amazing I felt!

That's me on the far right...............

hanset
on 12/18/11 10:59 pm - marcus hook, PA
you look great girl!!!! wtg, keep up the good work!
~~Traci~~~        
Greg M.
on 12/18/11 11:06 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Hi, I'm a Cincinnati person too.  Maybe next year I'll be able to run that race too. 

Looks like you guys had a blast, good for you!  That's a shame about your knee, maybe some physical therapy would help??? 

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

msulme
on 12/19/11 12:40 am - KY
I encourage you to run the race, it was amazing running with all of those people!  Talk about an adrenaline rush!

I have an old knee injury from when I used to play volleyball in high school.  I'm going to go get it checked out so I know what the status is and how to feel better so I can keep running.  Who would have ever thought I would say those words?!  I can't believe I enjoy running. :)
shellnsons
on 12/18/11 11:24 pm
Way to go this has been my life dream to run a race..5k or 10 k..How did you train? I wish I could learn how to run without getting out of breath. You look great by the way.

msulme
on 12/19/11 12:37 am - KY

I did Hal Higdon's 10K Training(Novice).

http://www.halhigdon.com/10ktraining/10knovice.htm

And keeping in mind that I've never ran before I just kept telling myself that it was OK to walk when I needed to.  The first time I stepped out to run I couldn't even go more than 15 seconds.  After all is said and done I can run a half mile to 3/4 of a mile straight now.  Much improved from before.  Then I'll walk for 1-2min or so and go again.

I just kept giving myself goals, like, you can run to the next stop sign or the next street or 5 houses down, etc.  Those little goals started to become bigger and then I when I was feeling confident enough I would pass by a point I thought I would need to stop running at. 

It's an awesome feeling to run with a huge group of people.  All of my friends became involved and we would do the long runs together on Sunday's.  Even if you don't run the same pace as other people, just seeing them in the distance and getting the high 5's when you pass keep you going.  They've even said that running with me has kept them going, they would have stopped if I wasn't behind them. 

My next goal to work toward is running longer stretches, eventually to run an entire 5K without stopping to walk.

I hope you give yourself the chance to fulfill your dream!!

acbbrown
on 12/19/11 12:09 am - Granada Hills, CA
Looking good - congrats on your accomplishment!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

felicity2u
on 12/19/11 12:26 am - LA
You look amazing! Keep it up!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

George B.
on 12/19/11 1:09 am - Miami, FL
Great job on the 10K and weight loss!

Crunchy As Can Be
on 12/19/11 10:33 pm - NY
Great job!!
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views