3.5 months out from VSG

dicastro1010
on 12/28/11 12:29 pm - Escondido, CA
I meant to write on here a while ago at three months, but it didn't happen so here we go...

It's been 3 and a half months since surgery and I am so happy. I have to pinch myself when I realize the things I can do, the pain I no longer have or discomfort. I can wear leggings, and tall boots! I feel "okay" in workout clothes. I can cross my legs! I have quite a ways to go but I am finally starting to feel normal again.

Since surgery I have lost over 72 pounds! I went from a size 24 (which is the Big girls store) to a size 16! In JUNIORS! I can't believe it. (I am tall in case u are wondering how I fit into that at my weight). I have no regrets. Yes I have to workout almost everyday, at least 4 days a week but an average of 6 per week. Excersize has been my #1 priority. It was a love of mine before gaining weight, so I knew this would be easier than the eating. I am so grateful to be able to jog again and do a ton of other excersizes without sore ankles or back pain. I finally feel "normal". Still chubs, but normal. I fear gaining weight or not losing, especially since the loss has slowed down, but I think those fears are normal. I don't eat "low carb" per say but do eat healthy and eat a lot of soup. I like making big batches of chicken soup full of veggies or beef stews and freezing them. I eat out often but just eat off someone elses plate or take food home. I have sushi, mexican, whatever. I every once in a while have a piece of chocolate or candy, but nothing over the top. I don't eat stuff like pastries or donuts because those are my weaknesses and would do me in I think. I just don't want to be a diet "freak" like I was before and then gain the weight after a few years of a super tight regimen. Been there done that and it's time to find a healthy true life balance. Will I stumble? Sure, I expect that and that's okay.

So all that said- thank you OH community for your encouragement along the way and great advice! Here are some pics. Hopefully this works.

Featured Images

Featured Images

Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

ladyshai27
on 12/28/11 12:48 pm - SC
 pics didnt show but congrats on ur progress
dicastro1010
on 12/28/11 12:50 pm - Escondido, CA
Thanks! They show up on my end?? That's weird. I even logged off and back in to the message board... hmm

camietam
on 12/28/11 1:02 pm - Ceres , CA
So happy for you. Keep up the great work. It feels good.
Camie

isabellarossellini
on 12/29/11 1:45 am
 It sounds like you are working it!  I just got sleaved last week, and i was wondering if you keep a food journal?  I totally relate to the wanting to make this a true attainable lifestyle change versus an obsessive restrictive purge/binge.  I'm so thrilled for you!  I can't believe you have lost so much weight in such a short time.  Say good bye to that heavier you forever! congrats!
dicastro1010
on 12/29/11 7:04 am - Escondido, CA
Thanks! I am really thrilled so far with the progress and the decision to have the surgery.

I do use "myfitnesspal" to log foodies

abrown8434
on 12/30/11 12:23 pm - VA
CONGRATULATIONS; keep rocking your sleeve!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 362 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views